Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Roxy box
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next  
silsurf
Post 2018-02-07 04:23   [Quote] 
I have been listening to this for a few days and just have to say that it is such a treat. Roxy was always one of my favorite live albums and to have these, such fantastic records, of unparalleled performances, is truly a treasure.

thanks, thanks, thanks
 [Profile]  [PM] 
PaulusS
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2018-02-07 08:06   [Quote] 
polydigm wrote:
Default shipping?? How come it takes 13 days more to deliver to Australia than to Germany??

Mine shipped yesterday and will be in the Netherlands on March 13th.
So I guess Australia is closer to Germany according to your reasoning.

Mr_Green_Genes
Busy Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2018-02-07 08:30   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Amigo, check out a map...

Maps don't explain why shipping to Germany is faster than shipping to Canada.

Amigo, check out your customs...

father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2018-02-07 08:43   [Quote] 
PaulusS wrote:
...Mine shipped yesterday and will be in the Netherlands on March 13th..

Is it coming by paddle steamer?

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
faroba
germany.gif
Post 2018-02-07 10:14   [Quote] 
Quote:

the estimation for the arriving date was sometimes a little too pessimistic.
In my case the supposed delivery date was February 22
Real delivery was on February 6

"Default shipping??" = I used the preset delivery option which was the cheapest - so no priority mail or such option
 [Profile]  [PM] 
PaulusS
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2018-02-07 12:20   [Quote] 
faroba wrote:
Quote:

the estimation for the arriving date was sometimes a little too pessimistic.
In my case the supposed delivery date was February 22
Real delivery was on February 6

I know and I am not in the least worried about any of it. I decided not to pay extra and wait it out.

4dave
usa.gif
Post 2018-02-07 15:10   [Quote] 
I just finished ripping the discs and editing the metadata into a show based organization. Half way through the 12-9 show #1 and it's amazing. The Uncle Meat P/O was always my "holy grail" release but this may surpass it!

One thing I am noticing is Nappy's vocals sound a little strained. Did he have a cold or something during these shows? Anyone know?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2018-02-08 09:34   [Quote] 
scherbe2003 wrote:
StrokeTheBoots wrote:
wowhd emailed me: "Our records indicate that we have not received our stock of the item yet and will notify you via email once the order has been shipped."

My order hasn't been shipped yet either. However, I was not worthy of an email ... it's tough to be a European! Laughing

Another reply (regarding the supposedly default order status function): "That option will be a new feature on the website but it is not running at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you."

...amazon and jpc have listed the box at about 75 Euro but with release date March 23rd...

hasnamus
germany.gif
Post 2018-02-08 10:28   [Quote] 
StrokeTheBoots wrote:

...amazon and jpc have listed the box at about 75 Euro but with release date March 23rd...

The European (or at least German) release through Universal will be released on March 23rd. The prices momentarily listed on Amazon.de and JPC are probaly their prices for the "import" box. I'd assume a more reasonable price for the regional release, but I haven't received the wholesale info from Universal yet.

Oops
uk.gif
Post 2018-02-08 12:43   [Quote] 
StrokeTheBoots wrote:
scherbe2003 wrote:
StrokeTheBoots wrote:
wowhd emailed me: "Our records indicate that we have not received our stock of the item yet and will notify you via email once the order has been shipped."

My order hasn't been shipped yet either. However, I was not worthy of an email ... it's tough to be a European! Laughing

Another reply (regarding the supposedly default order status function): "That option will be a new feature on the website but it is not running at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you."

I got the same email so I cancelled my order and received my refund (45.91)but noticed in the final email that they have hiked the price up 65.58

Qty Item # Description Price
1 1993546X ZAPPA,FRANK - ROXY PERFORMANCES 65.58

Anyway picked up the download version in Flac with PDF booklet from Technic tracks 41,99
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2018-02-08 18:10   [Quote] 
At the Hoffman forums there was a discussion of the reverse echo on Napoleon's flute heard on "Dupree's Paradise" (12-9 #1) which is one of the few bits that doesn't sound like what the Roxy audience would have heard. Joe Travers commented that it was probably added by FZ and Kerry McNabb at Paramount Studios, and that he liked it and decided to include it.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Gwonam
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2018-02-08 19:13   [Quote] 
the sound is MUCH better than on any of the previous Roxy releases.

polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2018-02-09 09:35   [Quote] 
PaulusS wrote:
polydigm wrote:
Default shipping?? How come it takes 13 days more to deliver to Australia than to Germany??

So I guess Australia is closer to Germany according to your reasoning.
That's not my point, but rather that it should take 13 days longer to anywhere is baffling. Anyway, they surprised me and it was delivered yesterday on the 8th.

jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2018-02-09 16:58   [Quote] 
I am loving this box. The mix is killer and the performances are insane. Even the clunky transition in I'm The Slime into Big Swifty that FZ fixed for Stage Vol 1 is really cool to hear in it's original warts and all form. Another thing I noticed is that Frank's guitar playing seems a little subdued throughout the entire run of shows. Anyone else agree with that?

pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2018-02-09 17:06   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
Another thing I noticed is that Frank's guitar playing seems a little subdued throughout the entire run of shows. Anyone else agree with that?

Yes, I think partly because on the material FZ mixed for release he added effects to his guitar track to convert it from mono to stereo and make it more prominent, which are not in the new box set mixes.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 16 of 26 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums All times are GMT

Jump to: