Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Hello Friends, What's the not so secret word of the day? Hologram!
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappa Plays Zappa
oofers
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2017-10-29 02:16   [Quote] 
Reality check -- if you never saw FZ, why would you think holo-Frank is any kind of substitute?

I'm 45 and never saw Frank. But Christ, there's a TON of official videos as well as procured from here that I think, hands down, is the next best substitute to the real thing. Videos like Barcelona 88, Circus Krone, Palladium 81 or the KCET stuff in its various incarnations -- I return to these *frequently* and bask in the video captures of the real deal, the real FZ. Why would ANYONE think that a holo-Frank, if generated from actual footage and projected onto a stand-in stooge or otherwise CGI-ed is in anyway a second-best, authentic FZ experience? Just simply because you are in the same performance space where the chicanery is occurring?

Give me a pro-shot, multi-cam video of the actual FZ from when he was actually creating content. You want to know what is was like to see FZ? Just watch one of those.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2017-10-29 04:06   [Quote] 
It will never live up to my imagination.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
scotland.gif
Post 2017-10-29 09:38   [Quote] 
oofers wrote:
Give me a pro-shot, multi-cam video of the actual FZ from when he was actually creating content. You want to know what is was like to see FZ? Just watch one of those.

Just listening to the different Halloween 77 shows should be enough to tell anyone you can't program that level of interaction with a live band or a live crowd, no matter how 'smart' the machine thinks it is.

Please support Zappateers.com

Chords that vibrate sweetest pleasure,
Thrill the deepest notes of wo.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TPSzappateer
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
James66175
Power Poster
Location: in my smelly little secret black light bedroom on Long Island
usa.gif
Post 2017-10-29 15:29   [Quote] 
Right on, man!

It's kinda like the play Beatlemania. " Not the real Beatles but an incredible simulation " Barf me out!

I'd rather pay a movie price and see FZ videos on the big screen. They could change 'em up every once in a while to keep people coming back for more.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2017-10-29 17:08   [Quote] 
Pepe Nusbaum wrote:
...He should put out some dvd's of that unreleased video instead of saving it for the Hologanza.

I've got to agree with this..^^
If there is footage of a ''completely unheard, professionally shot, sound stage set of FZ in his prime in the 70's'' then why ''waste'' it on a hologram show?
I understood they could do pretty much ''anything they want'' with holograms so you don't need video, just unheard multi-track tapes would be good enough... Use the film footage for DVDs!

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2017-10-29 18:37   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
If there is footage of a ''completely unheard, professionally shot, sound stage set of FZ in his prime in the 70's'' then why ''waste'' it on a hologram show?

Well... you saw how long it took them to get the Roxy movie out... Laughing

TPS
Site Admin
scotland.gif
Post 2017-10-30 09:07   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
father-0blivion wrote:

The story is that it was already edited and packaged ready to sell to the networks, so, unless someone is going to stand up, say Frank was wrong and start changing it, other than any content recovery issues, it should be good to go.

Please support Zappateers.com

Chords that vibrate sweetest pleasure,
Thrill the deepest notes of wo.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TPSzappateer
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2017-10-30 10:06   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
father-0blivion wrote:

I can't wait that long again! I'll be 97!!

TPS wrote:
The story is that it was already edited and packaged ready to sell to the networks, so, unless someone is going to stand up, say Frank was wrong and start changing it, other than any content recovery issues, it should be good to go.

Someone? You mean someone with a history of making dodgy artistic decisions.... Hmm, I wonder...
Also, I'm still not clear whether any of this will be in the Alex Winter film.... Did he have ''full access'' or not..?

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2017-10-30 18:38   [Quote] 
 [Profile]  [PM] 
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2017-10-30 20:33   [Quote] 
So they have multi-camera video and multi-track audio of the 1974 band. And they're going to make a hologram play and sing FZ's performance.

And they're going to replace George Duke, Ruth Underwood, Napoleon Murphy Brock, Jeff Simmons, Tom Fowler, and Chester Thompson with young musicians?

Will they ever release the 1974 video? Or will they keep it locked up to protect their investment in the hologram show?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2017-10-31 05:03   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:
So they have multi-camera video and multi-track audio of the 1974 band. And they're going to make a hologram play and sing FZ's performance.

And they're going to replace George Duke, Ruth Underwood, Napoleon Murphy Brock, Jeff Simmons, Tom Fowler, and Chester Thompson with young musicians?

Will they ever release the 1974 video? Or will they keep it locked up to protect their investment in the hologram show?

As someone stated above, [indicating] it's probably a tech nightmare as Roxy turned out to be.
Is this why FZ abandoned all for the Token KCET? 3rd times the charm? Or did filming just become cheaper and he thought the band/music was superior? Or likely both.

Isolating June 21 Frank for the Hologram show is probably easier than making a coherent concert flick. And there's no money in that (that's not a dig, just truth as far as I can surmise).
 [Profile]  [PM] 
hisnameisbob
EU.gif
Post 2017-11-17 18:43   [Quote] 
Quote:
Comments are disabled for this video.

Funny that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyeqgmqKg4w&feature=youtu.be

Ed Organmax
Busy Poster
Post 2017-11-18 10:44   [Quote] 
Yeah, kind of weird how audio/video recordings of a rare lineup (basically, the Summer '74 band but with Jeff Simmons, all the Summer '74 circulating shows are from after Simmons got the heave-ho) will likely end up wasted on this hologram tour madness.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2017-11-28 06:45   [Quote] 
Screw the Zappa feud, let us get on to more important matters:::

Battle erupts over control of Charles Manson estate

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/25/battle-erupts-over-control-charles-manson-estate.html

ps but what really did happen with the Z-Kid court date of the scheduled November, 2017 meet?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Idiot
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2017-11-28 08:40   [Quote] 
brainpang wrote:
ps but what really did happen with the Z-Kid court date of the scheduled November, 2017 meet?

Last week Dweezil said, "there have been some discussions of engaging in settlement talks" - so they're hopefully now moving in the right direction.

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 14 of 15 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappa Plays Zappa All times are GMT

Jump to: