Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
World Premiere of Marmux Buhdardux
Goto page:  1, 2, 3  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappa Plays Zappa
Author Message
TPS
Site Admin
Joined: 2005-02-26
Posts: 2721
scotland.gif
Post 2017-02-18 13:00   [Quote] 
A Dutch venue has posted (leaked???) the news that DZ will join them in Utrecht.
VENUE: Tivoli/Vredenburg

Quote:
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2017
Northern Dutch Orchestra & Dweezil Zappa
Dweezil Zappa with symphony orchestra

Northern Dutch Orchestra
Hans Leenders conductor
Dweezil Zappa guitar

Program
Bob in Dacron
Sad Jane
Strictly Genteel
G-Spot Tornado
Put A Motor In Yourself
Watermelon in Easter Hay
Oh No

Dweezil Zappa
Marmux Buhdardux (world premiere)
Truth Shampoo Horn

Nicolas Slonimsky
My Toy Balloon: Variations on a Brazilian Tune


I assume that Marmux Buhdardux is the orchestral piece that Dweezil has been working on for many years.
The show is already listed on http://www.zappa.com/performances, together with another, the day before in Groningen with the same Orchestra, with no mention of DZ of course.

_________________

                              Please support Zappateers.com

Chords that vibrate sweetest pleasure,
Thrill the deepest notes of wo.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TPSzappateer


Last edited by TPS on 2017-02-19 10:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
Joined: 2012-02-07
Posts: 3961
Location: Dwarf Nebula
england.gif
Post 2017-02-18 14:13   [Quote] 
Thanks TPS

TPS wrote:
...I assume that Marmux Buhdardux ...

How do you pronounce that exactly?

_________________
''Just consider this..... You can be scared when it gets too real...''
(FZ: ''It Just Might Be A One-Shot Deal'')

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
citylinerhc
Joined: 2015-07-28
Posts: 190
Location: Northern Germany
germany.gif
Post 2017-02-18 22:39   [Quote] 
link below corrected Smile

TPS wrote:

I assume that Marmux Buhdardux is the orchestral piece that Dweezil has been working on for many years.
The show is already listed on http://www.zappa.com/performances together with another, the day before in Groningen with the same Orchestra, with no mention of DZ of course.

_________________
"no more credit from the liquor store"
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Idiot
Power Poster
Joined: 2006-08-29
Posts: 1448
Location: Essex, England
uk.gif
Post 2017-02-19 10:37   [Quote] 
Marmux Buhdardux (a little like T'Mershi Duween) is a character invented by his daughter, Zola. A version of the piece was first performed by the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet in 2015.

_________________
www.idiotbastard.com
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
TPS
Site Admin
Joined: 2005-02-26
Posts: 2721
scotland.gif
Post 2017-02-19 12:48   [Quote] 
Idiot wrote:
Marmux Buhdardux (a little like T'Mershi Duween) is a character invented by his daughter, Zola. A version of the piece was first performed by the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet in 2015.

The Crown Guitar Festival in Montana? I only found SOMGG so far.

_________________

                              Please support Zappateers.com

Chords that vibrate sweetest pleasure,
Thrill the deepest notes of wo.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TPSzappateer
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Idiot
Power Poster
Joined: 2006-08-29
Posts: 1448
Location: Essex, England
uk.gif
Post 2017-02-19 15:24   [Quote] 
TPS wrote:
Idiot wrote:
Marmux Buhdardux (a little like T'Mershi Duween) is a character invented by his daughter, Zola. A version of the piece was first performed by the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet in 2015.

The Crown Guitar Festival in Montana? I only found SOMGG so far.


Yes, in Montana. Don't think there's any video of that particular performance on YouTube, just the SOMGG for which DZ joined them on stage.

_________________
www.idiotbastard.com
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
TPS
Site Admin
Joined: 2005-02-26
Posts: 2721
scotland.gif
Post 2017-03-01 10:17   [Quote] 
Tickets on sale from today.
https://www.tivolivredenburg.nl/nl/agenda/detail/8042/Noord_Nederlands_Orkest_Dweezil_Zappa

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2017
Utrecht TivoliVredenburg
Northern Dutch Orchestra & Dweezil Zappa

_________________

                              Please support Zappateers.com

Chords that vibrate sweetest pleasure,
Thrill the deepest notes of wo.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TPSzappateer


Last edited by TPS on 2017-03-01 21:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
bazbo
Power Poster
Joined: 2004-07-09
Posts: 2759
Location: Planet Olanda
netherlands.gif
Post 2017-03-01 19:03   [Quote] 
Koel. I'll be there.

Guitar Solo Baz

_________________
'You can go my back on' - youngpumpkin
'If it didn't matter, then it would not matter.' - Julian Barnes
'There's no bad poetry; there's only bad people.' - Willem Bierman

'ALL FOR ONE, ONE FOR ALL'
- for Walk(spoon) - gone, but never forgotten

www.bazbo.net
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
TPS
Site Admin
Joined: 2005-02-26
Posts: 2721
scotland.gif
Post 2017-03-14 21:55   [Quote] 
Retweeted Co De Kloet (@CodeKloet):
Cannot go into detail yet but trust me: @DweezilZappa is a great composer in his own right! Proof later this year with @hetNNOnu Be There!

_________________

                              Please support Zappateers.com

Chords that vibrate sweetest pleasure,
Thrill the deepest notes of wo.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TPSzappateer
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
frank2441
Power Poster
Joined: 2007-08-22
Posts: 2137
netherlands.gif
Post 2017-03-23 18:16   [Quote] 
tickets ordered
tunes
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Idiot
Power Poster
Joined: 2006-08-29
Posts: 1448
Location: Essex, England
uk.gif
Post 2017-05-06 17:40   [Quote] 

_________________
www.idiotbastard.com
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
TPS
Site Admin
Joined: 2005-02-26
Posts: 2721
scotland.gif
Post 2017-05-08 12:27   [Quote] 

_________________

                              Please support Zappateers.com

Chords that vibrate sweetest pleasure,
Thrill the deepest notes of wo.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TPSzappateer
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
la_biesta
Power Poster
Joined: 2006-05-25
Posts: 1427
Location: Limbabwe, close to Walifornia
belgium.gif
Post 2017-10-27 06:10   [Quote] 
Looks like a bunch of Z'teers will attend one or two dates. (Utrecht - Block P Row 4)

CONCERT DETAILS

Conductor Hans Leenders
Guitar Dweezil Zappa
Presentation Co de Kloet

PROGRAM:

John Adams Slonimsky’s Earbox
F. Zappa Bob in Dacron and Sad Jane
F. Zappa G Spot Tornado
F. Zappa Peaches en Regalia
Steve Vai There’s Still Something Dead in Here
Dweezil Zappa Truth
Dweezil Zappa Preludumus Maximus
Dweezil Zappa Marmux Buhdarux
Dweezil Zappa The Adventures of Dindoo (wereldpremičre)
F. Zappa Watermelon in Easter Hay

_________________
"Les Shadoks sont immortels"


Last edited by la_biesta on 2017-10-27 18:18; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
Joined: 2010-08-28
Posts: 2411
uk.gif
Post 2017-10-27 11:10   [Quote] 
la_biesta wrote:
Looks like a bunch of Z'teers will attend one or two dates.

CONCERT DETAILS

Conductor Hans Leenders
Guitar Dweezil Zappa
Presentation Co de Kloet

PROGRAM:

John Adams Slonimsky’s Earbox
F. Zappa Bob in Dacron and Sad Jane
F. Zappa G Spot Tornado
F. Zappa Peaches en Regalia
Steve Vai There’s Still Something Dead in Here
Dweezil Zappa Truth
Dweezil Zappa Preludumus Maximus
Dweezil Zappa Marmux Buhdarux
Dweezil Zappa The Adventures of Dindoo (wereldpremičre)
F. Zappa Watermelon in Easter Hay


Please do the decent thing for those of us unable to attend because of vast continental distances.... imslow
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
PaulusS
Power Poster
Joined: 2005-02-12
Posts: 1200
Location: Ooi- en Ramsgat
netherlands.gif
Post 2017-10-27 16:35   [Quote] 
franktomatozappa wrote:
la_biesta wrote:
Looks like a bunch of Z'teers will attend one or two dates.

CONCERT DETAILS

Conductor Hans Leenders
Guitar Dweezil Zappa
Presentation Co de Kloet

PROGRAM:

John Adams Slonimsky’s Earbox
F. Zappa Bob in Dacron and Sad Jane
F. Zappa G Spot Tornado
F. Zappa Peaches en Regalia
Steve Vai There’s Still Something Dead in Here
Dweezil Zappa Truth
Dweezil Zappa Preludumus Maximus
Dweezil Zappa Marmux Buhdarux
Dweezil Zappa The Adventures of Dindoo (wereldpremičre)
F. Zappa Watermelon in Easter Hay


Please do the decent thing for those of us unable to attend because of vast continental distances.... imslow

OK, I just burned my tickets.

_________________
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic
 
Page 1 of 3 Goto page:  1, 2, 3  Next
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappa Plays Zappa All times are GMT

 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group, TorrentPier © Meithar