Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1986 - Resolver + Brutality - tape 57.34 (Resolver)
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Outtakes/Unreleased
RodJenson
usa.gif
Post 2011-01-17 18:49   [Quote] 
Thanks very much. Until recently only had an mp3 copy from some off-the-wall tracker somewhere.

Master Ringo
Post 2012-08-05 10:47   [Quote] 
Thanks! Upgrading from mp3 here, also. Can't get enough synclavier.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Metamarc
germany.gif
Post 2013-08-31 22:52   [Quote] 
Thanks a lot!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
GasmaskAvenger
usa.gif
Post 2013-12-15 09:45   [Quote] 
Thanks. I'm pretty late to the party but at least someone was still seeding.

Listening to this, Chalk Pie and Crush All Boxes will make this quite an interesting night.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
vivalapsych
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2013-12-21 21:30   [Quote] 
The recent Zappadan 2013 Zappa cast has brought me back to this. Cant locate my hard copy, so back to download. Not sure what track they played on the Zappacast but I can't get those women's squeals out of my head!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Elmonteman
Post 2014-07-15 19:15   [Quote] 
Thank you very much..appreciated.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BobM
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2017-09-27 16:27   [Quote] 
The copy of the disc with Wipe Out
 [Profile]  [PM] 
velvetgrass
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2017-09-29 03:07   [Quote] 
Can anyone confirm or debunk that some of the samples used on "Brutality" are from the David Lynch film The Elephant Man? I read somewhere that they may be, but the person saying that had never actually seen the film so it was never confirmed.

drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2017-10-11 23:18   [Quote] 
velvetgrass wrote:
Can anyone confirm or debunk that some of the samples used on "Brutality" are from the David Lynch film The Elephant Man? I read somewhere that they may be, but the person saying that had never actually seen the film so it was never confirmed.

The line "I am not an animal" is definitely a catch-phrase from the film. It's heard in the trailer (or I wouldn't have recognized it in the first place) and (twice) in another scene in the film.

I have no doubt that the sample in Brutality is an allusion to The Elephant Man. I leave it to you to determine whether it's a sample of John Hurt's dialogue from the film or just a sample of someone quoting the line.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
vivalapsych
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2017-10-12 00:33   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:
velvetgrass wrote:

The line "I am not an animal" is definitely a catch-phrase from the film. It's heard in the trailer (or I wouldn't have recognized it in the first place) and (twice) in another scene in the film.

I have no doubt that the sample in Brutality is an allusion to The Elephant Man. I leave it to you to determine whether it's a sample of John Hurt's dialogue from the film or just a sample of someone quoting the line.

Neat. I’ll have to relisten to that.

The Elephant Man was an early favorite. I had my Mom drive me pretty far out of town to see it when I was 8. She enjoyed it too. I think she was most interested in the depiction of a Victorian hospital having been a nurse. Afterwords she pointed out to me a couple of things like how the surgeons were referred to as “Mister” instead of “Doctor” and the lack of surgical face masks.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 9 of 9 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Outtakes/Unreleased All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: