Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Frank Zappa - New Box Set - 1977 Halloween
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 77, 78, 79  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
belew-vibe
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2017-09-11 17:37   [Quote] 
[quote="WIU2B"]1977-12-31 UCLA still is my choice for a 1977 Vaulternative release. Joe are you listening?[/quote

Indeed !! I hope there is a tape in the Vault.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2017-09-11 17:54   [Quote] 
Assuming the price stays reasonable and the mix is good, I'll get the USB. The six Torture and Wild Love solos and five Coneheads should be worth it.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pepe Nusbaum
Power Poster
EU.gif
Post 2017-09-11 18:05   [Quote] 
Looking forward to hearing all 6 shows. I would have gone to every one if i was around at the time. Also want more Ed stuff too.

Be cool. Learn from me. I will show you the way.

cooler

If you just been lowered down here on tv by a wire connected to a brown leather harness, forced by a crazy person to insert a mysterious imported lamp into the reproductive orifice of a lady harpist, and you were a dwarf.....would you do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVafHLqjRmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEr7ym4-r5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdx7M5ufDfQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ip7U-aAMTc
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
cookie_manager
Power Poster
Post 2017-09-11 20:31   [Quote] 
I'm in for the 3-CD thing! I hope there's basically no overlap with the Baby Snakes material.

Do a 1979 USB stick with several shows on it and I'll buy it!

Quesons Chicken
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2017-09-11 23:37   [Quote] 
Yeah I disgree that the best of his has already been released. BS is a crap release imo, now we are going to hear these songs as originally intended. No boring movie dialogue, no having to look at Roy Estrada nothing truncated or edited out. This is going to blow Baby Snakes out of the water.

-FZ Nantes, France 0614, 1980
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2017-09-11 23:52   [Quote] 
Quesons Chicken wrote:
Yeah I disgree that the best of his has already been released. BS is a crap release imo, now we are going to hear these songs as originally intended. No boring movie dialogue, no having to look at Roy Estrada nothing truncated or edited out. This is going to blow Baby Snakes out of the water.

A brilliantly made film like Baby Snakes and listening to the audio of 6 full shows that were part of said film are 2 different things. Just say that you didn't like the movie. It was never originally intended by FZ for us to hear the entire run. Shut up and be glad that's what we're now getting and stop comparing the two.

brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2017-09-12 05:43   [Quote] 
I'm freaking out! I lost track of time, really bummed I had to cut short the family holiday in Tahiti (only a month!) when I realized I had an important business meeting in Nevada. It nearly ruined my dust-cred, having to helicopter in-and-out of Burning Man. Embarrassing! Then I realized I never finished filling out the forms for the kids pre-pre-pre-school. It was bloody murder getting my little darling in, it's like Harvard for embryos, and I almost blew it. Phew! Oh, wait, I forgot something... the Zappa masks from Taiwan! I best ask Diva. Wait, was that really her in the orgy tent? I hope she's come down. Maybe it will end up with a ring this time 'round? Love, AZ

Last edited by brainpang on 2017-09-12 05:59; edited 2 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
croation beat
usa.gif
Post 2017-09-12 07:35   [Quote] 
Feel free to release any and every show from 1970-1988.... I can't wait for this release!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
scotland.gif
Post 2017-09-12 08:21   [Quote] 
The alternative way of looking at the USB media thing is that it is basically a download in a box.

Please support Zappateers.com

Chords that vibrate sweetest pleasure,
Thrill the deepest notes of wo.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TPSzappateer
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2017-09-12 14:04   [Quote] 
I keep checking Amazon every 5mins to see if it shows up. Am I nuts??

Idiot
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2017-09-12 16:18   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:

No. But I thought you were nuts for checking Zappa.com for pre-order details earlier in this thread Wink

Quesons Chicken
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2017-09-12 22:51   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
Quesons Chicken wrote:

A brilliantly made film like Baby Snakes and listening to the audio of 6 full shows that were part of said film are 2 different things. Just say that you didn't like the movie. It was never originally intended by FZ for us to hear the entire run. Shut up and be glad that's what we're now getting and stop comparing the two.

Jayp Are You Kidding? I love Baby Snakes. I bought the uncut 3 hour video back in the day and watched it religiously for years. Bought the dvd when it was issued. I am talking about blowing the album Baby Snakes out of the water.

I am very glad to be getting complete hi res audio coverage of whats on the film and what didnt make the film.

-FZ Nantes, France 0614, 1980
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2017-09-12 23:28   [Quote] 
Idiot wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

No. But I thought you were nuts for checking Zappa.com for pre-order details earlier in this thread Wink

Hahhhhahahaa Very good point.

jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2017-09-12 23:30   [Quote] 
Sorry QC. I didn't realize you were referring to the BS soundtrack and not the movie.

Delus11
canada.gif
Post 2017-09-13 00:33   [Quote] 
FZ was ahead of his time. Note the USB drive between the coffee and cigarettes.

[Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 12 of 79 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: