Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Roxy by Proxy CD and the Zappa Roxy DVD
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2015-11-09 22:43   [Quote] 
Dark Clothes wrote:
Most of the time brainpang is a passive aggressive with some charm, floating on his history as a New York Zappa fan around 1980 and a manic obsession with alternative music from the same period - but sometimes his real self shows through. The next step is that he will give up communicating with you, because you are hopeless.

No. Yes. No. No. No. No.

How's that for communication?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cookie_manager
Power Poster
Post 2015-11-09 23:24   [Quote] 
amnesiavivace wrote:
And if add one night for soundcheck/rehearsals, you have an amount of 122 Roxy shows. We want the complete box of them.
I wasn't aware they played 1220 shows at the Roxy. How come the whole Roxy experience is only 3 CDs and a DVD then? This is all so disappointing. Does anybody know for sure how many of those 12200 Roxy shows had been filmed?

Dark Clothes
Poster
Post 2015-11-10 12:58   [Quote] 
brainpang wrote:
Dark Clothes wrote:
Most of the time brainpang is a passive aggressive with some charm, floating on his history as a New York Zappa fan around 1980 and a manic obsession with alternative music from the same period - but sometimes his real self shows through. The next step is that he will give up communicating with you, because you are hopeless.

No. Yes. No. No. No. No.

How's that for communication?

Very scriptural, but I suppose you can call it a start.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-11-10 19:10   [Quote] 
cookie_manager wrote:
I wasn't aware they played 1220 shows at the Roxy. How come the whole Roxy experience is only 3 CDs and a DVD then? This is all so disappointing. Does anybody know for sure how many of those 12200 Roxy shows had been filmed?

Let me tell you bro', they all suck. They surely have 2.440.000 hours of cinerama Roxy footage and they won't give us a single inch.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
cookie_manager
Power Poster
Post 2015-11-10 22:27   [Quote] 
2000 Motels Razz

vivalapsych
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2015-11-11 01:11   [Quote] 
Played Roxy a few times at the bar over the course of the day and people were floored. I think for the average person seeing something like Echidna's Arf is a whole different experience than just hearing it. Minds were blown.

Incidentally I met a new friend who told me I had to check out Halloween on his 5.1 setup. We're gonna do that and Roxy soon.

Also...yes it would be nice to have all the Roxy shows on one box. But I'm ready to move to the next thing now.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
camabrillo
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2015-11-17 16:32   [Quote] 
I would like to extract the 5.1 sound track from the blue ray disc for creating a 5.1 audio dvd or a multichannel dts cd. Can somebody give me an advice?

fromnabulax
usa.gif
Post 2015-11-18 00:25   [Quote] 
camabrillo wrote:
I would like to extract the 5.1 sound track from the blue ray disc for creating a 5.1 audio dvd or a multichannel dts cd. Can somebody give me an advice?

I typed this phrase into my search engine (Duck Duck Go):

extract 5.1 from bluray for audio dvd

and found several options available, but honestly I think it would be simpler to play the darn disc with the TV turned off.

wingedeelfingerling
Busy Poster
burma.gif
Post 2015-11-18 08:33   [Quote] 
fromnabulax wrote:
camabrillo wrote:

and found several options available, but honestly I think it would be simpler to play the darn disc with the TV turned off.

or link you bluray to a laptop and record lossless
 [Profile]  [PM] 
vivalapsych
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2015-11-20 08:09   [Quote] 
fromnabulax wrote:
camabrillo wrote:

As the kid's say: ikr
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Frank Laforce
belgium.gif
Post 2017-05-03 16:15   [Quote] 
Can someone tell me what is the difference between the DVD and the Blu-Ray version?
I now have both. On the DVD box it says: Run Time 105 mins (approx) and on the Blu-Ray box it's: Run Time 116 mins (approx).

Where can I find the extra 11 minutes on the Blu-Ray?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Foxbat
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2017-06-25 01:26   [Quote] 
Frank Laforce wrote:
Can someone tell me what is the difference between the DVD and the Blu-Ray version?
I now have both. On the DVD box it says: Run Time 105 mins (approx) and on the Blu-Ray box it's: Run Time 116 mins (approx).

Where can I find the extra 11 minutes on the Blu-Ray?

Maybe there is a gap in the conceptual continuity
 [Profile]  [PM] 
staaan
usa.gif
Post 2017-08-05 18:41   [Quote] 
Roxy The Movie question

If this question has been asked before my apologies. Is there an official audio release of the Pygmy Twylte performed on the bonus footage? also which night was that filmed?

On another note I still chuckle & marvel at how the band keeps it together while Pamela Miller is "eroticizing" them
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 5 of 5 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: