Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1977 11 19 Palo Alto CA raw dat (rc-musigny23)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox
DL-List
Complete: [ 30 ]

flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2011-06-18 11:40   [Quote] 
from musigny23's original Shoebox seed (2011-02-01 03:43)
description post:

I got this DAT from RC, who some of you may know, he said this was from his master cassettes. There were mic cable problems unfortunately, but luckily they were almost entirely on the right channel. About 10 years ago, I gave it to a friend who was a more skilled editor who was a Sound Forge user. He repaired it as he saw fit and to his best ability given what was there. The CDs he mastered did get circulated. However here is the DAT, ripped to HD in its raw form.

1977 11 19 Palo Alto CA Maples Pavilion Stanford University
MC > DAT 48k (probably a Sony home deck) > Panasonic 3800(plybck) > HD > Xact

By the way Stanford University is located in Palo Alto CA, not Stanford CA. (there is no such town) So the catalogue should probably be corrected.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2011-06-18 11:45   [Quote] 
Anyone else who could re-upload
musigny23's 1977 11 19 Palo Alto CA r colby mastered cds (rc-rc-musigny23) version ? Thanks.
Originally seeded in the Shoebox at 2011-02-07 02:19

description text:
Quote:
I recently submitted the raw DAT of this to the Shoebox. It occurred to me that it might be worthwhile to also add the CDs that my friend R. Colby mastered from this DAT about 10 years ago. I can't give details about what was done. His process wasn't documented. Primarily it was all about dealing with the bad mic cable problems. Also simply mastering to CD for listening and even for archiving the repaired version. I cannot guarantee that zero noise reduction or EQ was done. At that time, digital sound processes were a new option and people were often tempted to make use of them. If he did, he would have been fairly light handed about it. I haven't sat down to do a careful comparison to see if I can detect any. These may be considered well done, or not, we'll see I guess. As for fills the current version is so slathered with EQ that it might not work if does have more material.
I did apply the recommended pitch correction to these files.

MC > DAT > PC HD-Sound Forge(sample rate conversion, editing) > CD Architect > Mitsui silver discs > PEAK (audio extraction, pitch correction +45 cents) > xACT(flac)
 [Profile]  [PM] 
frank2441
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2011-06-18 11:58   [Quote] 
Done
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Gwonam
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2017-07-31 16:34   [Quote] 
sounds like an upgrade to me. lovely sound.

varanasibull
germany.gif
Post 2017-08-03 09:20   [Quote] 
I thought I had this but obviously I don't. Thanks.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: