Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Worst FZ-song
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  
pappazappa
italy.gif
Post 2017-05-18 17:26   [Quote] 
Ed Organmax wrote:
Thank goodness I own Uncle Meat on vinyl then, saves me from owning them penalty tracks, let alone actually listening to them. Laughing

Just don't forget to listen the CD version! (particularly Disc 2 - Track 02)

Good listening, headhammer he he he

cookie_manager
Power Poster
Post 2017-05-18 17:29   [Quote] 
pappazappa wrote:
If you are real fans, please don't skip Frank's songs!
Of course if a new album comes out, I listen to it from A to Z (at least once). But it must have been years I last listened to one of the "old canon" FZ-albums in its entirety. I listen a lot to compilations I made. I mean... I grew up with vinyl albums (still buy some but digitize them like... first thing), but I view albums more as collections of "listening-offers" and as soon as I'm familiar with the contents I just pick out the tracks I like.

more songs I don't like at all:
Tears Began to Fall
Sharleena (any version with Flo & Eddie; 80s-versions ok for me)

pappazappa
italy.gif
Post 2017-05-18 19:09   [Quote] 
cookie_manager wrote:
more songs I don't like at all:
Tears Began to Fall
Sharleena (any version with Flo & Eddie; 80s-versions ok for me)

wattestäbchen? incredible!!!

Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2017-05-18 21:01   [Quote] 
I kind of agree on "Sharleena". Occasionally, I find the song cringey. Except for the version on "The Lost Episodes": that one is beautiful and should have been the original released version! There is some seriously unironical beauty on that version, the solos are fantastic, the buildup is amazing and the vocals are GREAT!

cheers

yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2017-05-19 04:11   [Quote] 
I am confident over time all the songs I dislike will get mentioned here. Most of them already have, anyway. It's a good thing because I don't have to waste time thinking about music I don't like... Very Happy

uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2017-05-19 06:30   [Quote] 
Galeans wrote:
I kind of agree on "Sharleena". Occasionally, I find the song cringey. Except for the version on "The Lost Episodes": that one is beautiful and should have been the original released version! There is some seriously unironical beauty on that version, the solos are fantastic, the buildup is amazing and the vocals are GREAT!

cheers

I have always considered the "At the Olympic" rendition on 1970/03/07 to be quite powerful and I love Frank's rhythm guitar there.
Maybe this is a good example how a song can be sometimes better or worse and not good or bad in absolute terms, also because of Frank's attitude to revisit them.

bleachboy
Power Poster
france.gif
Post 2017-05-19 08:55   [Quote] 
Galeans wrote:

cheers
Word!
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Mr_Green_Genes
Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2017-05-19 09:50   [Quote] 
Zappa's oeuvre is so vast and diverse that you might be on a selective mood for, say, statistical density, dada or toilet humor, political satire, orchestral music, computer music, heavy instrumentals, etc. I tent to be musically open minded, and this variation in his pallet is probably one aspect that caught my attention in the first place, but there is nothing wrong to skip songs when you have a directed intention listening to music. It doesn't make you a lesser fan, whatever this means...

epistrophy
mongolia.gif
Post 2017-05-19 17:23   [Quote] 
I was never a fan of Your Mouth and It Just Might Be A One Shot Deal (except the slide solo).
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 5 of 5 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Zappalogy All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: