Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
28 FZ Radio Promos (progrockfan)
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Interviews/Radio Shows
Negative Lite
spain.gif
Post 2007-02-16 23:08   [Quote] 
Thanks for doing this progrock! btw, there's another track from the Psychedelic Promos Vol. 8 with FZ involvement, well, you hear him speak a couple times. It's track 28 ("Muntz Cartridge City Music Store Ad") and it features the KPPC-LA DJ (presumably in the middle of a FZ interview) reading some ad copy and after he gets bored he makes a couple asides to Zappa. I spose it comes from the same occasion as this other one:
progrockfan wrote:
Promo 1968 KPPC-LA Sounds Incredible Music Store
“Sounds Incredible is located at 7505 Sunset Boulevard…”
 [Profile]  [PM] 
progrockfan
Contributor
uk.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-02-17 00:26   [Quote] 
Quote:
Promo 1966-11-30 LA Berkeley MOI Hop
“Those creative Mothers, the Mothers of Invention, invade Berkeley…”

Wrong year; should be 1968-11-30

Thanks for the catch, Yojimbo. Corrections to the information pool are essential. Information may not be knowledge-- but in this case, it'll do nicely. Smile

Quote:
btw, there's another track from the Psychedelic Promos Vol. 8 with FZ involvement, well, you hear him speak a couple times. It's track 28 ("Muntz Cartridge City Music Store Ad") and it features the KPPC-LA DJ (presumably in the middle of a FZ interview) reading some ad copy and after he gets bored he makes a couple asides to Zappa.

Excellent! That'll be added to the next installment.

Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-02-17 00:42   [Quote] 
Excellent. Many of these I have, but others I do not so this really cool. Thanks again progrockfan!

Kind regards,
Overnitefreak
 [Profile]  [PM] 
fadel
Busy Poster
morocco.gif
Post 2007-02-17 03:27   [Quote] 
._____________________________________________________________ prog headbanger fan________________________.

TGuitar Solo Baz H          AGuitar Solo Al N          K blues S          !

----                                                                                                                                  wings
music014 __________________________________________________ZAPPA :Zmoustache: EERS____________________.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
rushomancy
Busy Poster
Post 2007-02-17 05:13   [Quote] 
Thanks for this! Those Hot Rats ads are great, though I didn't know there were six; I only have five (the one I have that's not here is the WPLJ one that starts "Recently returned from a month-long speaking tour of junior high schools..."). By the way, I'm told that the person behind the Hot Rats ads is none other than David Ossman of the Firesign Theatre.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-02-17 05:54   [Quote] 
I will put mine together too, and we can make a big collection later on with all of them. i'm sure i have more at end of tapes and such. I have a growing collection of unknown interviews, I have been storing them for now. Also have a bunch of tapes i want to just finish while out, and include a lot of strange stuff. Much not on my list.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-02-17 06:00   [Quote] 
Quote:

Bring 'em on, drew51

Sure, i will soon, some I own, i have to look, I have a few of the EP 45's and such.
I'm going to leave the TV stuff alone as one day i will do a video collection on DVD, or something, well I can include the Apostrophe spot, but that was on the recent Norweigan TV special, if released, maybe we should leave it out?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Almanzart
Power Poster
canada.gif
Post 2007-02-17 12:43   [Quote] 
Grand Merci, progrockfan !!!!!
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
vudicus
Poster
uk.gif
Post 2007-02-19 15:00   [Quote] 
Thanks for this, freaking awesome!!!!

Lupine Assassin
usa.gif
Post 2011-09-14 06:23   [Quote] 
Please re-seed this one. Thank you. Smile

blackpage
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-01-08 20:07   [Quote] 
Nice assemblage! I ran into the 8 disc Psych set in my archives and dug out the FZ ones, but I see you did this years ago! Some rare ones for sure, the St Vitus one, FZ mentions the OOO-OOO Man being in TIME before Steppenwolf, good conceptual continuity. Going to camp on this torrent hoping someone comes back, nice to have these all in one spot. Yes, there's many more, but these are great. Has a part 2 (3,4,5 etc) ever happened? Drew seemed like he might do it.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
blackpage
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-01-08 21:42   [Quote] 
Thanks for all the seeders!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Captain Bogart
usa.gif
Post 2017-04-10 12:25   [Quote] 
Thank you. Can't wait to hear some of this stuff.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 2 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Interviews/Radio Shows All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: