Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
2016 Joe's Garage 180g 3LP Set?
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums
Author Message
bleachboy
Power Poster
Joined: 2006-07-25
Posts: 1693
france.gif
Post 2016-12-24 17:27   [Quote] 
What I'm most interested in are if there is finally bass frequencies to be heard on that version ir not.

_________________
Alialiala...
Alialialalilalialila...

He could be a dog or a frog or a lesbian queen
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 4691
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-12-28 18:24   [Quote] 
BengoFury wrote:
The packaging is lovely ...


I think so too, but I'm absolutely not happy with at least one point of the packaging:

Due to the oversized middle-spine (it's too wide) and the compression caused by the factory shrink-wrap,
this middle-spine of my copy has some ugly crumples. And this was not visible before through the foil. Mad

I don't know if it makes sense to exchange this, because this should be the case for many factory-fresh copies.

Can anybody confirm this?

Last but not least, this very big "four-side-folding" is very unhandy ...
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
cosmikd
Contributor
Joined: 2005-02-14
Posts: 1841
Location: Under the Vault
france.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-12-28 19:02   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
BengoFury wrote:
The packaging is lovely ...


I think so too, but I'm absolutely not happy with at least one point of the packaging:

Due to the oversized middle-spine (it's too wide) and the compression caused by the factory shrink-wrap,
this middle-spine of my copy has some ugly crumples. And this was not visible before through the foil. Mad

I don't know if it makes sense to exchange this, because this should be the case for many factory-fresh copies.

Can anybody confirm this?

Last but not least, this very big "four-side-folding" is very unhandy ...

I bought mine in shop, in good condition, but yes the object it's not easy to manipulate...

(Ruben & the jets sounding is great) thumbsup
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 4691
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-12-29 03:23   [Quote] 
The printing quality ...

"Joe's Garage" - new UMe Vinyl front cover - ("Act I of the original 1-LP"):
The printed front cover is very blurred compared to the original, zoomed in and as a result cropped - this is clearly visible at the bottom.

BTW, the dust mop from the front cover of Act I became "washed" with PhotoShop - all the little smutty discolourations of the original
Norman Seef photo are gone. Maybe it looked too dirty for today's conventions?

"Joe's Garage" - new UMe Vinyl back cover - ("Act II & III of the original 2-LP"):
The printed front cover is nearly as sharp as the original. Although, in the title font there's a black box behind the words: "Acts II & III".


Last edited by Pittylabelle on 2016-12-29 18:14; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Joined: 2004-11-27
Posts: 1754
Location: Philly
Contributor
Post 2016-12-29 16:42   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
BengoFury wrote:
The packaging is lovely ...


I think so too, but I'm absolutely not happy with at least one point of the packaging:

Due to the oversized middle-spine (it's too wide) and the compression caused by the factory shrink-wrap,
this middle-spine of my copy has some ugly crumples. And this was not visible before through the foil. Mad

I don't know if it makes sense to exchange this, because this should be the case for many factory-fresh copies.

Can anybody confirm this?

Last but not least, this very big "four-side-folding" is very unhandy ...


Yes by all means RETURN IT!! I would consider that to be damaged. I hate that shit!! this type of LP should never be shrink wrapped. They should use slide in record sleeves for this type of release.

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 4691
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-12-30 11:29   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
Yes by all means RETURN IT!! I would consider that to be damaged. I hate that shit!! this type of LP should never be shrink wrapped. They should use slide in record sleeves for this type of release.


OK, returned it, received the replacement today and this one looks good! Wink

BTW, anybody noticed that this triple Vinyl version is noted as a "Limited Edition"?
Whatever this means.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
bleachboy
Power Poster
Joined: 2006-07-25
Posts: 1693
france.gif
Post 2016-12-30 16:17   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
The printing quality ...

"Joe's Garage" - new UMe Vinyl front cover - ("Act I of the original 1-LP"):
The printed front cover is very blurred compared to the original, zoomed in and as a result cropped - this is clearly visible at the bottom.

BTW, the dust mop from the front cover of Act I became "washed" with PhotoShop - all the little smutty discolourations of the original
Norman Seef photo are gone. Maybe it looked too dirty for today's conventions?

"Joe's Garage" - new UMe Vinyl back cover - ("Act II & III of the original 2-LP"):
The printed front cover is nearly as sharp as the original. Although, in the title font there's a black box behind the words: "Acts II & III".
All the other UMe LPs I bought seem blurred to (OSFA, WOIIFTM, WRMF)

_________________
Alialiala...
Alialialalilalialila...

He could be a dog or a frog or a lesbian queen
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 4691
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-12-30 17:48   [Quote] 
bleachboy wrote:
All the other UMe LPs I bought seem blurred to (OSFA, WOIIFTM, WRMF)

I think, it's not an easy job for the manufacturer to get in touch again with the original lithography masters after 30+
or 40+ years.

So I guess they probably re-scanned and overworked the artwork for the UMe editions of CDs and LPs.
As a result the quality is of course not as sharp as in those days, but this Joe's Garage front cover is a special case.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
bleachboy
Power Poster
Joined: 2006-07-25
Posts: 1693
france.gif
Post 2016-12-30 23:27   [Quote] 
I guess so. It's a shame, I just bought some of the 200g lp reissues of the Beach Boys by Analogue Productions and they are stellar, I expeted the UMs to be perfect too!

_________________
Alialiala...
Alialialalilalialila...

He could be a dog or a frog or a lesbian queen
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
uncle Z
Busy Poster
Joined: 2010-04-22
Posts: 631
ukraine.gif
Post 2017-02-13 19:52   [Quote] 

_________________
Nothing is what I want
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 4691
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2017-02-15 23:09   [Quote] 
uncle Z wrote:
http://audiophilereview.com/audiophile-music/zappas-joes-garage-gets-past-masteringpressing-issues-fixed.html


Thanks for the link - excellent remaster, and excellent article!

Excerpt:
"It really is the best version on vinyl EVER. Bernie's chain, the pressing quality of Pallas (Germany),
and the quality of today's vinyl standards make the difference. Everything is just better now,
and it should be, they have had so much time to perfect it!"
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
camabrillo
Power Poster
Joined: 2005-03-03
Posts: 1067
Location: northwest southcoast northsea
germany.gif
Post 2017-04-04 21:23   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
uncle Z wrote:
http://audiophilereview.com/audiophile-music/zappas-joes-garage-gets-past-masteringpressing-issues-fixed.html


Thanks for the link - excellent remaster, and excellent article!

Excerpt:
"It really is the best version on vinyl EVER. Bernie's chain, the pressing quality of Pallas (Germany),
and the quality of today's vinyl standards make the difference. Everything is just better now,
and it should be, they have had so much time to perfect it!"


That's the audiophile high quality 180g vinyl pressing from the Pallas factory, located in Diepholz, Germany (right around my corner...) Wink

_________________
... and don't forget, there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over!
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Thinman
Joined: 2007-10-07
Posts: 75
EU.gif
Post 2017-04-05 18:43   [Quote] 
camabrillo wrote:
the Pallas factory, located in Diepholz, Germany (right around my corner...) Wink

Also right around my corner Smile
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic
 
Page 2 of 2 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums All times are GMT + 1 Hour

 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group, TorrentPier © Meithar