Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1969 06 06 London ~ 109min AUD samples (Yojimbo-BengoFury)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills
DL-List
Complete: [ 15 ]

Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2016-12-16 16:06   [Quote] 
Here's some samples from a new Yojimbo/BengoFury tape rip of the show. It's the same source as the walk ones posted here: http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=30836

I've sampled the exact same spots as on the other one. This time, of course, there are no glitches on the "Mozart Ballet" section. I don't know which one I prefer: this one should probably be the one seeded because the lineage is known and it's less muffled, but it's also more hissy (although the Walk one may have been noise reducted).

Tape speed is not the same as on the other samples.

01 Intro
-sample, beginning of the tape, until the first few bars of "Uncle Meat"
02 Uncle Meat
03 Some Ballet Music
04 The Walking Zombie Music
05 Big Leg Emma
06 A Pound for A Brown
07 Sleeping In A Jar
-sample, cuts off, music missing
08 Interlude
-samples, cuts in, music missing, intermission
09 Intro (second part of the show)
-sample
10 Intro to Music for Low Budget Orchestra
11 Hot Rats (title possibly given by FZ in the introduction, live version of the Chamber Music Pieces as heard on "The Weasel Music" plus other assorted material)
-sample, cuts in
12 Mozart Ballet
-sample
13 Louie Louie
14 Little House I Used To Live In
15 Transylvania Boogie
-sample, cuts off, music missing
16 The Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbecue
-sample, cuts in, music missing
17 Charles Ives
18 Cruising For Burgers
19 Brown Shoes Don't Make It
-sample, end of the tape

Lineage: AUD>unknown equipment>cassette>TDK SA-X 90 cassettes>Pioneer CT-W606DR tape deck>SB THX>Adobe Audition CC>WAV (normalized channels)>Flac
Show recorded by: n/a
Transferred by: BengoFury

According to FZShows (needs to be revised a little bit):

Quote:
1969 06 06 - Royal Albert Hall, London, UK
105 min, Aud, B-
intro, Uncle Meat, drum duet, Some Ballet Music, improvisation, Big Leg Emma, story of A Pound For A Brown, The String Quartet [incl. Sleazette, FM], improvisation, Interlude, Hot Rats (incl. Intro To Music For Low Budget Orchestra), Little House I Used To Live In (chamber music section, incl. Weasel Chamber Music), Mozart Ballet [parts on YCDTOSA5; incl. Mozart Piano Sonata In Bb, FM], improvisation [parts on The Walking Zombie Music, FM], Louie Louie, Little House I Used To Live In [parts on BWS], Transylvania Boogie, Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbecue, drum duet, Charles Ives, Cruising For Burgers, Brown Shoes Don't Make It [banter on Little House I Use To Live In, BWS]

According to the Catalogue:

Quote:
1969 06 06 London, UK
[...]
Aud Tape - Aud 100min B-
on the tracker : 1969 06 06 London England 106.39 Aud (walk) unknown gen - seeded 2005-09-27

Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-12-23 03:38   [Quote] 
Yikes. This recording never sounded very good and it hasn't improved much with Yojimbo's copy. Hard to say but you are probably right to go with this new transfer.

Although, be careful with "Interlude" which sounds like there has been some tape degradation with some warble that sounds worse than the walk copy. Wish frank2441's old copy was sampled so we could check it since it was such an old trade. Might be worth looking at.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2016-12-23 18:09   [Quote] 
Overnitefreak wrote:
Wish frank2441's old copy was sampled so we could check it since it was such an old trade. Might be worth looking at.

Do you mean the T version Frank seeded a while ago? If that's the one, he sent me a copy, so I will sample that in the next few days.

cheers

Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-12-23 22:00   [Quote] 
Yes, sorry. I forgot that it was from the "T" archive. Could be NR'd or eq'd though. I was hoping that since it is reportedly from an older lineage it might be slightly better.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2016-12-24 17:51   [Quote] 
I did take a listen and it seems like the "T-32" version, as seeded by Frank2441, is out of the game. The first part of the set is a poorer sounding version of the SBD, while the second part is worse than both Walk's and Yojimbo's copies. Plus, as the info file indicates, it's not completely raw either:

Quote:
Mics, Recorder and media unknown >
unknown >
Maxell XLII-S C-90 Cassettes >
Playback Deck: Tascam 130 >
Nikko 32 Band EQ >
Akai DR16 Digital Hard Disk Recorder 16 bit 44.1 Khz >
ADS Tech Instant Music RDX-150 input SPDIF
output USB to computer 16 bit 44.1 Khz >
Audacity > WAV > CD Wave Editor 16 bit 44.1 Khz > FLAC
[...]
I did the editing, mastering (tweaking), analog to digital transfer and artwork for this version of this show.

I don't think it's worth seeding any samples but if, for some reason, you feel differently, let me know.

Personally, I would go on with Yojimbo's copy, maybe splicing in "Interlude" from Walk's version. I plan on doing also a SBD-AUD version of this show anyway, and that track is uncut and unflawed there.

cheers

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills All times are GMT

Jump to: