Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
HELP!!!! Beer For Dolphins, Oct 28th in Kennett Square, PA needs attendees  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Mike Keneally Corner
Ddrummer68
usa.gif
Post 2016-10-14 02:52   [Quote] 
Not sure if anyone's out there, but for some reason, people don't seem to be buying tickets to this show. The venue is a non-profit that isn't even making enough to pay the band at this point. I'm going to do what I can to help, but the best answer is to just sell out the show, in advance. The venue can't hold more than 100-120 people, at $20 each. Please help spread the word about this show. It's a great opportunity to come out and support Mike, Bryan, Joe, and the wonderful people at Kennett Flash who make it possible for shows like this to be offered, and at a price that is not particularly steep.

The music business has completely gone to crap, to say that Mike Frickin-Keneally can't sell a few hundred tickets to what is certain to be a wonderfully enjoyable concert. Anyone who's got experience with this stuff, how can people like me (that is, not rich) help musicians we believe in? I've purchased everything i can from Mike and Bryan. I've even bought a couple of his DVDs for a friend, in hopes of building a new fan. I just don't know what else I can do. So now, I'm trying to help the 10/28 show be a success. Hard to do for a guy living in New Orleans, with no contacts in Pennsylvania.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mike comisky
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2016-10-14 11:55   [Quote] 
I couldn't agree more with you! I'm traveling five hours to attend the Plains show on Tuesday. Maybe I can get to Kennett Sq as well. It's really frustrating to see low attendance for such talented musicians.

yours in fz (and mk),
m
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Ddrummer68
usa.gif
Post 2016-10-14 12:37   [Quote] 
Thanks, Mike! I hope you can make it to the show. My wife and I will be there, but mIght have to miss the opening act. Our flight doesn't land at BWI until 5pm.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
doctorzap
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-10-14 15:56   [Quote] 
out of my range guys
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Ddrummer68
usa.gif
Post 2016-10-14 16:05   [Quote] 
Dr. Zap. I appreciate it. Still, if there's anything you can do to spread the word... and I imagine you already do!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Fred_Zappelin
usa.gif
Post 2016-10-15 22:33   [Quote] 
Hey, long time browser - this post made me decide to finally log in. I wish I could attend either the Plains or Kennett Square PA shows. If Plains was on a weekend, I'd try and swing it from here. Def not Kennett Square, too far a drive solo. From what I see that town is on the most southeast end of PA, more or less a suburb of Wilmington DE. No surprise that no one knows or cares.

Hey, can someone let MK know that next time he books a northeast tour, maybe try and include Buffalo or Rochester NY, and not just NYC? This area supports all things Zappa & prog-rock related. Plus with Mike's touring in Satriani's band which played well attended shows in Buffalo last 2 tours, there'd have been no problem selling the show here in a small club. As soon as the tour was announced I emailed Buffalo's Iron Works club about it. Promoter dude seemed super enthused and looked into it. I guess the band just couldn't fit it in the schedule.
Last and only time I saw MK live(not counting Dethklok) was the Guitar Therapy tour in Buffalo '05. One of the single greatest concerts ever for me.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mike comisky
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2016-10-21 22:53   [Quote] 
Kennett Sq is a go! My wife and I will be there, working on friends....

m
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Lagz
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-10-26 14:50   [Quote] 
Great show in Plains, Wilkes-Barre! Made the trek as I am unable to attend the Friday show in Kennett Square. Small crowd of perhaps 50 people. A roll call between the Travis Larson Band and MK/BFD didn't reveal any Zappateers.

Mike, Bryan, Joe.......These guys sounded fucking great! Do yourself a favor, and make sure you get to see a show or two while they are on the east coast. Bring a friend if you can.

I arrived midway thru the Travis Larson Band's set, and they sounded really good, so you will want to get there in time for their opening set if you are able.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mike comisky
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2016-10-26 15:57   [Quote] 
It was an either/or for me, so I opted to attend the Kennett Sq show with my wife and a friend from Delaware. Really looking forward to it!

yours in fz (and mk),
m
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Lagz
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-10-28 10:35   [Quote] 
Totally get it. My only option was Wilkes-Barre (Plains) this time around.
Will have video up'ed at some point.
Have a blast!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
chuckash
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2016-10-29 14:53   [Quote] 
I attended the Kennett show last night. Many more than the fifty at the Wilkes Barre show I believe. The show was filmed by someone. Two hour show , no break. They rocked the house. Quite a few fans at the merch table after show.
Three musicians at the very top of their craft. Glad I was able to attend.

Ddrummer68
usa.gif
Post 2016-10-29 20:21   [Quote] 
My wife and I were there as well... we made the trip from NOLA, and are both so very glad that we did. I'd never seen Mike, other than on his DVDs, and I just don't have enough words to convey the pure joy I felt from the first note of Career Quimby through "Cow".

I don't know how many showed up, but you're right, it sure looked like the place was just about filled up. What also impressed me, was the sound and vibe in the room. Travis Larson had it exactly right - the place looks like a Bingo Parlor. But once the music kicks in, everything is fantastic.

I'll be looking out for any recordings that surface from this show. As far as I could tell, the band were in top form, telepathic as anything, and I wouldn't mind reliving that experience if possible. Thanks to those who responded to my original post about this show. I am so very glad that the turnout ended up being better than originally thought.

Bobby
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mike comisky
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2016-10-30 21:31   [Quote] 
Yeah, just got back here to home base in the Adirondack Mts of New York State and I agree, a great rockin' show. Ran into MK at the door around 6:30 - wanted to ask a million q's but instead just said hey, really looking forward to the show and thanks for coming. He was gracious as always.

yours in MK,
m
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Mike Keneally Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: