Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
New Mothers pics from Berlin '69(?)/'71 / Do you know Udo Meining?  
StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2016-08-02 13:39   [Quote] 
Hi folks,

last week I was on vacation in Prague. After visiting the castle we stopped by a record store (antiquariat) halfway down the hill.

At first I noticed a framed Yellow Shark poster from the Berlin concerts in 1992. Then I found a table with tons of 1970's concert photograps from different artists (Stones, Tull, Canned Heat, ...) and also FZ and Mothers pictures. The store owner told me, his friend (who died 2 years ago) took all these photos during concerts in Berlin and gave the negatives to him. The copies say on the back, handwritten: "Frank Zappa & Mothers 1971" which can only be partially true since there are some photos from the late Mothers (so probably 1969). The store owner wouldn't know. He develops them occasionally new and fills up the table - 1 Euro a photo...in total he has 19 different photos. I couldn't find all of them...the table was very full and the photos were in a used condition (lots of hands, photos in small heaps, sometimes bent). If ordered, he'd take 2 Euro per photo plus postage. I chose 4 pictures and scanned them for you all to check (and especially AlFresco? Smile) if we already have them somewhere so we could discuss if it's worth it that we'd purchase the rest/them all.

The name of the photographer was Udo Meining - does that name ring a bell? I never heard it and I couldn't find any valid infos on him or these photos. I'd find it strange if no one here would have known about these at such a prominent place.

The store owner met Frank in 1991, got himself an autograph and a photo of Frank signing at a table - this photo and the signature with an info note is framed and hanging in his store as well.

He also collects tickets and posters and showed me his ticket from the 1980 Palladium show he visited (his sister emigrated to the US ... he also claimed having been at the 1976 Palladium shows but couldn't find the tickets).

I attached previews to the 4 concert pictures, the overview sheet of all his available photos and one picture of the framed 1991(?) autograph/photo in this post - 300ppi-scans of the concert pics and a few more shots (the ticket, the store, etc.) can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x34plfsb6d06gt6/AACfJ_zfqOjB8aK8elSRlkKSa?dl=0

---

Store website (not very useful): http://www.musicantiquariat.cz/main.php?top=40&left=274&lang=en

Last edited by StrokeTheBoots on 2016-08-02 13:44; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2016-08-02 13:40   [Quote] 
No. 2

StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2016-08-02 13:41   [Quote] 
No. 3

StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2016-08-02 13:41   [Quote] 
No. 4

StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2016-08-02 13:43   [Quote] 
No. 5

StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2016-08-02 13:44   [Quote] 
No. 6

pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2016-08-02 16:21   [Quote] 
No Mothers show in Berlin in 1969, must be 1968. Neat photos.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Al Fresco
Contributor
spain.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-08-02 17:19   [Quote] 
Many thanks, STB. I hadnīt seen them before.

Yes, the older ones are from 1968 and belong to the show at Sportpalast Oct. 16, 1968 ( clearly I count five color slides of them at least) & those from 1971 were taken at Deutschlandhalle on Nov. 24, 1971.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2016-08-02 19:06   [Quote] 
Al Fresco wrote:
Many thanks, STB. I hadnīt seen them before.

Yes, the older ones are from 1968 and belong to the show at Sportpalast Oct. 16, 1968 ( clearly I count five color slides of them at least) & those from 1971 were taken at Deutschlandhalle on Nov. 24, 1971.

So it makes sense purchasing them Smile

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT

Jump to: