Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1973 02 24 Durham NC 88.50 AUD (JWB-flambay-Overnitefreak) ZTLS#734
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2016-05-25 15:21   [Quote] 
Overnite Freak wrote:

Quote:
Especially interesting is what appears to be the chord changes of Blessed Relief during the keyboard solo in Dupree's Paradise.

I think those are the chord changes of the final section of the Dupree's theme. I forget if any of those are the same as in Blessed Relief, although the rhythm feel is the same.

Thanks for the seed.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-05-25 19:00   [Quote] 
Overnitefreak wrote:
Quote:
Thank you very much. It's nice to see new and/or improved recordings appear here - I mean, [voice drops to a whisper] it's so quiet around here nowadays, compared to what it was like five-six years ago.

Certainly most of the credit goes to JWB for his original transfer and seed of what was truly the best sounding version of this awesome show. We just spiffed it up a bit to what may be the best version we'll ever get.

You like myself, have been around here since the early days. Indeed many of the Zappateers' veterans have retired or passed on sadly. What makes this site so great is the time and care that go into the seeds on the tracker. Time of which can very difficult to come by these days for me with family and work commitments. I thought as the kids got older spare time would get more plentiful but that has not been the case at all.

I have plenty of time to spare, but I have grown tired of providing info/corrections about various things (and offering to provide my assistance organizing the information that can be found here) only to be completely ignored. I think that if the staff actually cared (or had time to spare), this place would be a lot better, but they won't even acknowledge that there is a problem in the first place, so why bother?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
YaKuzna
italy.gif
Post 2016-05-26 16:48   [Quote] 
Thanks a lot! I don't often listen to boots, not because Im a snob (which I am) but from bad sound I get headaches and not much of a pleasure.
BUT, when I saw an Impro of 17 minutes, I gave the whole show a try. The improv was fantastic, I wonder why Frank gave up on those band improv. I do like his guitar solos like my life but notice how he was playing guitar when he was the only guitar player on stage, notice how the whole band was balanced in those years. This improv feeling thinned out over the years Sad
I hope it will be released in the Vault wave.
Thanks again!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Ed Organmax
Busy Poster
Post 2016-05-26 19:34   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
Overnite Freak wrote:

Quote:
Especially interesting is what appears to be the chord changes of Blessed Relief during the keyboard solo in Dupree's Paradise.

I think those are the chord changes of the final section of the Dupree's theme. I forget if any of those are the same as in Blessed Relief, although the rhythm feel is the same.

+1. I think the chord progression is following a completely different path. The Duke solo vamp chords are basically minor 9th (or so) chords (though the 2nd chord may feature a minor third alongside major 7th) with the root notes being: C#-F-B-G whereas Blessed Relief goes F# minor 7th (or 9th) to E major 7th (or 9th?) and then A and G minor-ish chords.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
tranehead
usa.gif
Post 2016-05-28 05:09   [Quote] 
good stuff! many thanks for your efforts!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
varanasibull
Poster
germany.gif
Post 2016-05-29 06:33   [Quote] 
Thank you.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
citylinerhc
germany.gif
Post 2016-05-31 12:03   [Quote] 
thanks a lot for this great stuff

jazzlady
usa.gif
Post 2016-05-31 14:41   [Quote] 
Thanks for the upgrade!

I believe Pygmy Pony was the first Zappa boot LP I purchased in the Seventies. Very Happy

"Music is the best." - FZ
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BRBS
uk.gif
Post 2016-06-01 12:19   [Quote] 
Overnitefreak wrote:
Quote:
Thank you very much. It's nice to see new and/or improved recordings appear here - I mean, [voice drops to a whisper] it's so quiet around here nowadays, compared to what it was like five-six years ago.

Certainly most of the credit goes to JWB for his original transfer and seed of what was truly the best sounding version of this awesome show. We just spiffed it up a bit to what may be the best version we'll ever get.

You like myself, have been around here since the early days. Indeed many of the Zappateers' veterans have retired or passed on sadly. What makes this site so great is the time and care that go into the seeds on the tracker. Time of which can very difficult to come by these days for me with family and work commitments. I thought as the kids got older spare time would get more plentiful but that has not been the case at all.

I have a feeling there will be a resurgence in activity here. But as always there are so few who take the time to prepare samples, listen to all the sources for gaps, cuts, speed and phase problems then take it to the final seed phase here on the tracker. You certainly know how long that can take from all the transfers you did yourself! The transfers alone are time consuming when done right.

Not bitching or attacking your point Hoosac. Not at all. If anything I am excusing my own lack of involvement of late. I would love to see more shows upgraded. There should still be a lot of material in the shoebox that needs updating. Searching the catalog you can see how old some of the seeds are. Shit, some of them are 10+ years old now.

Glad to see some of the old collectors still checking in from time to time too.

Zappacheers!
Overnitefreak

Exactly.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
damit
france.gif
Post 2016-07-01 19:54   [Quote] 
Vinyl Transfer & Restoration by JWB
Speed Correction by flambay

Thank you, both of you ! did a fine jobs here,
must not have been easy!!!

Thanx also to overnitefreak

Love what you diid and do all these years.........

ONCE A ZAPPA FAN, ALWAYS AND FOREVER !!!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
damit
france.gif
Post 2016-07-01 19:58   [Quote] 
ZTTunes

Last edited by damit on 2016-07-01 20:02; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
damit
france.gif
Post 2016-07-01 19:59   [Quote] 
Zappacheers!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
HughGotIt
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-07-26 04:00   [Quote] 
Thanks guys! You're work is always greatly appreciated. Very Happy

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
oldhorse
uk.gif
Post 2016-09-30 08:59   [Quote] 
thanks to all here
 [Profile]  [PM] 
bjankins1
Post 2019-09-20 11:32   [Quote] 
Hey I recently found out there is footage of this concert somewhere what ever happened with that?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 3 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows All times are GMT

Jump to: