Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Zappa & Mothers - In Europe - 1971 11 27 Rotterdam NL 39.24 AUD (BengoFury-flambay-Pittylabelle)
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Liberated Boots
TOGFIADO
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2016-03-17 18:42   [Quote] 
Thanks Pitty. Do I have to start again or... no, wait. Sod it. It doesn't take hours anymore- I'm stuck 15 years ago. I'll d/l it now and it'll be done in a couple of minutes. Thanks m'dear.

Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-03-17 19:15   [Quote] 
mrnym wrote:
Thanks for the upgraded upgrade!

You are welcome!

In the future I think I will mark any upgrades as "Rev A -> B -> C" etc.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-03-18 02:44   [Quote] 
TOGFIADO wrote:
Thanks Pitty. Do I have to start again or... no, wait. Sod it. It doesn't take hours anymore- I'm stuck 15 years ago. I'll d/l it now and it'll be done in a couple of minutes. Thanks m'dear.

Thank You!

BTW, I simply love your signature statement: "Trump. An English euphemism for 'fart'."
Really good - have you ever worked for the promotion industry?

Anyway, nice and pertinent dittology of the word "Trump". Razz

I'm not a native Eeeeeeeeeenglish speaker - so I had to check this out at www.dict.cc.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
YaKuzna
italy.gif
Post 2016-03-19 23:06   [Quote] 
Just a thought: would you buy this if released by the ZFT from the original tape (im sure there's one in the Vault) without any overdubs, re-masters and firecracks? How long would it take one to put the tape on a tape recorder, hook it to a computer and master a cd/vinyl from that? I think THAT's what you would call "beat the boots".
Frank was a Maestro in quality releases but I fear he'll go down in history covered by tons of B+ audience recordings, while the sbd-s continue to degrade in a cellar. Hopefully a fire will not start there cose Deep Purple might record a Smoke in the Vault Hole update.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TOGFIADO
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2016-03-19 23:25   [Quote] 
This is way before Frank started recording all the shows. Some shows were recorded (especially when facilities were available in the same building (Helsinki Tapes for example) but I seriously doubt many shows from this era are in the vault. He'll be remembered for the official releases, not the stuff a (comparitively) very small number of people download and listen to. BTW, what's a firecrack?

Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-03-23 02:49   [Quote] 
TOGFIADO wrote:
BTW, what's a firecrack?

Fireworks = great announcement ???
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
YaKuzna
italy.gif
Post 2016-03-23 13:17   [Quote] 
TOGFIADO wrote:
This is way before Frank started recording all the shows. Some shows were recorded (especially when facilities were available in the same building (Helsinki Tapes for example) but I seriously doubt many shows from this era are in the vault. He'll be remembered for the official releases, not the stuff a (comparitively) very small number of people download and listen to. BTW, what's a firecrack?

OK, now I know. I really thought he recorded everything.
Thanks for the torrent, I hope I said that.
The point was: the FZT should just hire a competent marketeer (with a love for music as well). That person would be far more efficient in digitizing that saving the recordings, bringing the stuff people want to the market and return money to the Zappa children for a good foreseeable future.
Gail sat on the vault like a hen on her eggs, she had a mind of her own...
Dweezil is a good guitar player but an under-mediocre composer. Maybe he's good in the studio, how about that as a source of income?
Ahmet has his own interest, Ive seen him popping up here and there during the years, nothing related to Frank's legacy.
It's all understandable, they're people with own lives and families, one genius per family is already more than what most have.

I really wonder why they don't employ a professional team (or just a guy in charge who can delegate) and go on with their lives. Im really not interested in cartoons, little gigs, tv shows and glizzy eye maskara. There's one thing a Legacy and another a Trust. Have a look at what the Hendrix family has been doing! Ive got such an immense scope of his musical genius, thanks to the many releases they made (cd and vinyl) in the last 10 years. And Hendrix had a far shorter guitar life than Frank. Ive never been to a Hendrix concert. He's a Che Guevara of the guitar, many generations will enjoy his music. Thanks to his Vault releases!

Zappa boots still come out on the market more than the ZFT is releasing. And people buy them, why else bootleggers would get their sources here and release them on cds and vinyl? Until Halloween and other good concerts will come out of the Vault, people are going to buy dubious or second hand recordings. How long Frank's contemporary fans do you think will be alive? Who will buy in 40 years a new Zappa live dvd? Some will but probably few. And it took his family 40 years for the Roxy. Frank put his trust in them...

yes, I meant fireworks, I was thinking of the crack sound those little ones make Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
vivazappa
Post 2016-05-12 14:02   [Quote] 
Merci and have a fine day
 [Profile]  [PM] 
tasfa potumba
usa.gif
Post 2016-05-13 00:13   [Quote] 
Thanks for this!!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2016-05-13 06:45   [Quote] 
TOGFIADO wrote:
.... BTW, what's a firecrack?

I dunno but it sounds like something you might have after a particularly hot curry........

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
citylinerhc
germany.gif
Post 2016-06-15 20:17   [Quote] 
Thanks a lot Pittylabelle for your work

damit
france.gif
Post 2016-06-24 20:23   [Quote] 
Many Thanx in advance, Miss!
I will compare it with my LP from then which is in not too good shape....LP overplayed!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-08-27 15:35   [Quote] 
Quote:
Is it legit to call the recording of this bootleg "Source 4"???

Mmm...I thought there were only 3 known sources of this show including this one?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-08-29 16:14   [Quote] 
Overnitefreak wrote:
Quote:
Is it legit to call the recording of this bootleg "Source 4"???

Mmm...I thought there were only 3 known sources of this show including this one?

Yes, I think you are right!

It should be "Source 3" from the bootleg source - but from the best sounding bootleg edition (see description in the first post).

Source 1:
158.03, Aud, B- (parts B, parts C+)
Taped by: unknown
Collected by: Hoosac92
Transferred by: Kristoftof
Edited By: Kristoftof, Galeans

Source 2:
136.30, Aud, B+/B
Taped by: unknown
Collected by: Robsam
Transferred by: Doctorzap
Edited By: Galeans

Source 3:
39.18, Aud, B+
Bootleg (different editions)
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 2 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Liberated Boots All times are GMT

Jump to: