Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Ripping Audio from DVD-A?  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Questions, Questions, Questions... -> Technical Mumbo-Jumbo For Board & Tracker
StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2016-03-05 18:36   [Quote] 
I recently purchased "Halloween" and wanted to rip the audio for my portable player. Unfortunately, the video to audio converter tool of the probably known "Free (DVD) Studio" would convert it to a rather low volume and distorted sounding FLAC or WAV. Am I doing something wrong her? Can you recommend a better ripping program?

Beside the usual DVD-format .VOB (located in the Video folder) I recognize another file format on the disc: .AOB, located in the Audio folder. Maybe video and audio always go together here so I can not rip it at all or have to use a "trick"?

BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2016-03-05 18:59   [Quote] 
You've got a PM Wink
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2016-03-06 15:02   [Quote] 
...has someone technical knowledge about this? Not the only Audio DVD in my collection of which I wanna take the songs with me on my player Smile

wildfisherman
Vine Coordinator
uk.gif
Post 2016-03-06 15:15   [Quote] 
Someone who knows better will probably say this is a terrible way to do things, but you can use a program like Audacity or Total Recorder to record whatever is playing through your computer's speakers. So just play the DVD and do it in real time.

It comes out as .wav, and it needs divided into tracks, so it's not the most convenient of things to do, but it would be some sort of answer.

I ripped Halloween using a free version of some DVD sound ripper, but I can't remember what it was called and the free usage expired long ago.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
scotland.gif
Post 2016-03-06 15:29   [Quote] 
http://www.dvdae.com/download will do it, 30 trial version is free

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2016-03-06 18:23   [Quote] 
Thanks! Smile

StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2016-03-07 21:20   [Quote] 
Works perfect.

Ripping audio from "The Torture Never Stops" and realizing it is Dolby Digital (AC3), meaning: Lossy Sad

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Questions, Questions, Questions... -> Technical Mumbo-Jumbo For Board & Tracker All times are GMT

Jump to: