Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1980 11 06 Montreal ~ 55min AUD samples (CheepnisAroma)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills
DL-List
Complete: [ 15 ]

Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-09-10 13:04   [Quote] 
While working on Stockholm 1979, here's another tape that is worth sampling. Basically, this was seeded in the first days of Zappateers from a traded CDR with unknown lineage and it has never resurfaced since. I've tried to get this to Samples a lot of times but with no luck, with most people (including Jon/Yojimbo) mentioning they only had a Ninja version. I'm not sure if it's the same version sampled here or not. This version is low quality, but it can be improved: basically it's a mono recording with one channel distorted. Unfortunately, the distorted parts are not always in the same channel, but I can work on this, it's not too difficult, it just needs patience (which, luckily, I have for this kind of job). Also, on the end of the tape (during the "Outside Now" solo), the volume gradually decreases before fading into oblivion. Apart from the premature end of the tape, there are no other audible cuts or tape flips during the show. There was an intermission after "Tell Me You Love Me".

In 2010, user Aranciata seeded on the Shoebox a version he taped of this show. Sound quality is MUCH higher, a good B+. Unfortunately, all that remains from his tape is a mere 13 minutes as most of it was accidentally erased. His version was never in general circulation and thus is unavailable in any other version at the moment, even though Aranciata expressed the possibility that copies were made back in the day, so maybe someday his full source version could surface. His fragment can still be found on the Shoebox ( http://zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=19013 ). No tracks from his fragments appear on the 55 minute version I'm sampling here. I think it's high time all that's available from this show gets seeded on the tracker, thus I'm sampling.

I'm seeding samples for each section that cuts in/out or has flaws. If you have something better, please speak up. It needs speed correction, it sounds fast.

01 Chunga's Revenge
-sample, beginning of the tape, first minute of the song
02 You Are What You Is
03 Love of My Life
04 Flakes
05 Magic Fingers
06 Don't Eat The Yellow Snow
07 Stick It Out
08 Tell Me You Love Me
-sample, intermission, cuts out, no music missing
09 Black Napkins
-sample, cuts in
10 Tinseltown Rebellion
11 The Blue Light
-sample, transition between this and the next track a bit glitchy. Parts can be fixed, others can't
12 Cosmik Debris
13 Keep it Greasey
14 Outside Now
-sample, guitar solo, flaws, volume decreases and fades out

15 The Torture Never Stops
16 Broken Hearts Are For Assholes
17 Bobby Brown Goes Down
18 The Illinois Enema Bandit

-full fragment from alternate source available on the shoebox

Lineage: Traded CDR->WAV (EAC)->Retracking (soundforge 6.0)-> Flac (Flac frontend Level 7 SBE alignment)

traded: CheepnisAroma
retracked: LudzNL

According to FZShows:

Quote:
1980 11 06 - The Forum, Montreal, Canada
Usually listed as 1980 11 12.
The shorter recording has two sections: section 1: The Torture Never Stops (cuts in), Broken Hearts Are For Assholes (complete) and section 2: Bobby Brown (cuts in), The Illinois Enema Bandit (cuts)
55 min, Aud, C+
15 min, Aud, B+
Chunga's Revenge, You Are What You Is, Love Of My Life, Flakes, Magic Fingers, Don't Eat The Yellow Snow, Stick It Out, Tell Me You Love Me, Black Napkins, Tinsel Town Rebellion, The Blue Light, Cosmik Debris, Keep It Greasey, Outside Now

According to the Catalogue:

Quote:
1980 11 06 Montreal, Canada - Aud 55min C+ Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
• in the shoebox : 1980 11 06 Montreal QC 12.59 AUD MC fragments (aranciata) incomplete recording - seeded 2010-05-03

Thanks, Frank2441, for providing the files from the LudzNL seed.

Last edited by Galeans on 2015-09-11 14:55; edited 5 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
DLHotch
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-09-10 17:25   [Quote] 
Ah, thanks to C.A. and L. this version of the show circulated at The Dangerous Kitchen back in 2005. Hard to believe it's been ten years and that there's still things at TDK to be unearthed and reworked. I haven't seen another better version besides the aranciata segment you mentioned in the last decade. This version was never really intended for general circulation outside of TDK, however, if it truly is the best one available still after ten years then by all means run with it.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-09-10 17:40   [Quote] 
DLHotch wrote:
Ah, thanks to C.A. and L. this version of the show circulated at The Dangerous Kitchen back in 2005. Hard to believe it's been ten years and that there's still things at TDK to be unearthed and reworked. I haven't seen another better version besides the aranciata segment you mentioned in the last decade. This version was never really intended for general circulation outside of TDK, however, if it truly is the best one available still after ten years then by all means run with it.

Yes, I don't think anything better is likely to surface, but let's see if this sample discussion brings up something new. Anyway, even though the catalogue doesn't mention it, it has already appeared on Zappateers at least once.

cheers

DLHotch
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-09-10 17:54   [Quote] 
Galeans wrote:
...it has already appeared on Zappateers at least once.

We do have some nr'ed shows not for general circulation at TDK that we obtained around 2005. This one plainly states that it is raw and thus it could be, and obviously was, posted here as well. Looking forward to hearing your final result.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
CheepnisAroma
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-09-10 19:20   [Quote] 
Tabernacle! I completely forgot about this show Wink
 [Profile]  [PM] 
alfonzo
Busy Poster
canada.gif
Post 2015-09-11 01:52   [Quote] 
Montreal's "Tabernacle" is really "Tabarnak"... Ça prend l'accent Québécois...
Very Happy
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills All times are GMT

Jump to: