Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1979 03 03 Stockholm~105min AUD samples (BengoFury)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills
DL-List
Complete: [ 13 ]

Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-09-05 10:04   [Quote] 
More samples to complement the ones I seeded here: http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=29812 . This is a new transfer from the BengoFury tape that was used to produce the complete mp3 version. The tape flips are in the same spots, but it includes the encores and the last part of "Easy Meat", that is missing from Arf's copy. It's the same source as the Arf one, but sound quality is slightly different. Arf's copy is more bright, but this one sounds a bit more natural. Any opinion? Of course this needs speed correction, as it sounds quite slow.

I'm seeding samples for each section that has cuts/flaws. Not the encores, this time, because they come from the same cassette tape.

01 Treacherous Cretins
-sample, beginning of the tape, first minute of the song, no flaws here
02 Dead Girls Of London
03 I Ain't Got No Heart
04 Brown Shoes Don't Make It
05 Cosmik Debris
06 Tryin' To Grow A Chin
07 City Of Tiny Lights
08 Dancin' Fool
09 Easy Meat
-sample#1, tape flip at 0:37
-sample#2, overlap, no music missing
10 Jumbo Go Away
11 Andy
12 Inca Roads
- sample, tape splice at :24 in the sample, tape speed seems to be changing
13 Florentine Pogen
14 Honey Don't You Want A Man Like Me?
15 Keep It Greasey
16 The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing
17 For The Young Sophisticate
18 Wet T-Shirt Nite
-sample, tape flip, cuts off, half of the song is missing
19 Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
-sample, tape flip, cuts in, only very beginning missing
20 Peaches En Regalia
21 Montana
22 Dirty Love

Lineage: AUD>unknown equipment>cassette>TDK SA 90 (3rd pt on TDK D 90>Pioneer CT-W606DR tape deck>SB THX>AU CC 2014>wav>Flac (TLH)

Show recorded by: n/a
Transferred by: BengoFury

BengoFury's notes:

Quote:

unknown gen, xx.xx min, Aud, B(+)/B
Distorted copy, but pretty complete, including after show chatter in Swedish. Raw rip of all three parts, no normalization or anything.

According to FZShows:

Quote:
1979 03 03 - Johanneshovs Isstadion, Stockholm, Sweden
105 min, Aud, B- (note: should be 90 min)
105 min, Aud, B
Treacherous Cretins, Dead Girls Of London, I Ain't Got No Heart, Brown Shoes Don't Make It, Cosmik Debris, Tryin' To Grow A Chin, City Of Tiny Lights, Dancin' Fool, Easy Meat, Jumbo Go Away, Andy, Inca Roads, Florentine Pogen, Honey Don't You Want A Man Like Me?, Keep It Greasey, The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing, For The Young Sophisticate, Wet T-Shirt Nite, Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?, Peaches En Regalia, Montana, Dirty Love

According to the Catalogue:

Quote:

1979 03 03 Stockholm, Sweden - Aud 105min B- Exclamation
• in the shoebox : 1979 03 03 Stockholm 91.30 aud (arf) unknown gen, seeded 2008-06-27 (really 2012-10-24)

Samples for the alternative 90 min B- source here: http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=25322. It contains a bit of "Easy Meat" that is not available on the longer better sounding source (but not all) and maybe slightly more at the very beginning but nothing else of help: "Wet T-Shirt Nite" cuts off even earlier there and the rest of the show is missing.

father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2015-09-05 11:12   [Quote] 
Although I am useless at participating in the samples process I just wanted to say thanks to Galeans and everybody else involved in persevering with this 1979 show, with the aim to bring it up to FZ Shows standard. Looking forward to it.

FOB. Very Happy

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
frank2441
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2015-09-05 12:00   [Quote] 
Totally agree with you. Arf's tape is more bright (and hissy, and a bit ouchy during over-saturated parts) and this new transfer sounds more natural. It's a tough choice between the two. I you go ahead with the Arf tape, I'm hoping for a complete shoebox or samples seed of this new transfer to replace the old mp3 version. Being a completasst. cooler

Thanks Bengt.
Thanks Galeans!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-09-05 12:23   [Quote] 
I think I'd rather use the BengoFury one, as it's more complete and probably lower generation. However, once that this ends up on FZShows, we could keep Arf's copy in the shoebox instead of archiving it.

cheers

frank2441
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2015-09-05 12:52   [Quote] 
Galeans wrote:
I think I'd rather use the BengoFury one, as it's more complete and probably lower generation. However, once that this ends up on FZShows, we could keep Arf's copy in the shoebox instead of archiving it.

cheers

Yes, I like the way you think

Mr. Green
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2015-09-05 12:58   [Quote] 
So eventually we're going to have two FZ Shows versions.... The BobM/drzap and either the BengoFury or the Arf one..? Is it possible to have three FZ Shows versions...? Very Happy

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-09-05 13:56   [Quote] 
I don't think it's worth working on the Arf's version, if we are going to use the BengoFury one, as it's basically the same source with a different eq. I'd suggest to just keep it on the Shoebox.

The BobM/DrZap is an alternative inferior source, which I guess will be seeded sooner or later, but I think a worked/patched version of the BengoFury one is the prioty.

cheers

father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2015-09-05 14:02   [Quote] 
thumbsup

[Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-09-06 09:11   [Quote] 
After comparing them again a little bit, I confirm I prefer BengoFury's version. Arf's one is nice but, as noted by Frank2441, is worse during the saturated parts (which are not rare in this tape). Also, it sounds slightly tweaked in bits, certainly smoothed in edits: I hadn't noticed it before, but the splice in "Inca Roads" has been "corrected" there, just like the tape flip on "Easy Meat".

So, as I said, what I'd do is working on this version, patching what can be patched with the alternate source and keep Arf's version on the Shoebox for those who would want to check it out.

cheers

Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-09-06 12:07   [Quote] 
OK, I hadn't noticed before, but the Arf version does indeed have something to offer to the Bengofury one: the Bengofury version has a cut during the chorus on "Honey, Don't You Want a Man Like Me?" after "they discussed the weather" which is not on Arf's copy.

cheers

father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2015-09-06 12:38   [Quote] 
''Now this is a special case, ladies and gentlemen, get that spot light over here, this is Galeans. Now, Gal had a tragic experience a few moments ago. One of the loyal fans in the audience came up and treated him like a war criminal because he fucked up the edits on "The Stockholm '79 show" way back when—who knows?—several weeks ago. But the people who download these shows listen so carefully to every little detail that this man was deeply offended by Galeans's performance...''

[Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-09-06 12:48   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
''Now this is a special case, ladies and gentlemen, get that spot light over here, this is Galeans. Now, Gal had a tragic experience a few moments ago. One of the loyal fans in the audience came up and treated him like a war criminal because he fucked up the edits on "The Stockholm '79 show" way back when—who knows?—several weeks ago. But the people who download these shows listen so carefully to every little detail that this man was deeply offended by Galeans's performance...''

Laughing

I assure you nothing available will be lost. As usual, I'm going to double and triple check before seeding (I fucked up a lot in my first few seeds and I really want to avoid it now! I well remember the feeling of uploading a seed only to have to pull it and reupload it because of something I forgot along the lines frustration )

cheers

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills All times are GMT

Jump to: