Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Roxy Movie due in October???
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2015-08-19 18:48   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
.... but it's great a version of the movie is about to surface.

That's a massive understatement! I originally thought I was going to be watching the Roxy movie wearing electric neon coloured leg-warmers, parachute pants and a mullet!

FOB. Smile

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-08-19 19:07   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
Actually we've already seen 33 minutes of it.

Fair point, but not in the context and not in that quality. I mean, the mov file on Zappa.com was quite good picturewise and soundwise, but this is going to be the real deal. If we add the 83 minutes I can say I'm definitely delighted that I'll be able to see it.

Of course I agree the whole shows would have been fabolous, but I always thought it was a bit of an unrealistic statement anyway, given the fact that they said that the costs to synchronize audio and video were already quite high.

I'd say 116 minutes of it is a very good deal!

cheers

mycroftxxx
Contributor
nepal.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-08-19 19:08   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
I was wearing electric neon coloured leg-warmers, parachute pants and a mullet!

trendmonger...

cekman
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2015-08-19 19:10   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
Actually we've already seen 33 minutes of it.

Assuming that they've included that Montana > Dupree's Paradise footage in the DVD. Maybe they figure that there's no need, since they already put it out on the web years ago? And though I hate to say it, but if they had to stick to a short running time, I imagine the first casualty would be the 20-minute sprawling improv vehicle.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-08-19 19:19   [Quote] 
I'm just worried that after all this waiting it's going to be underwhelmimg and a "not what it coulda/shoulda been" type of thing.

brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2015-08-19 19:35   [Quote] 
and I bet the 'cheepnis' movie is part of the bonus (they wd be crazy not to) so subtract another ten minutes. That's 43 minutes we have already seen.

No surprises on length here. With all the tech problems and then the announcement of it getting a theater run there was no doubt.

oh well, at least you can gripe to the grave waiting on that unreleased Roxy footage!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2015-08-19 19:48   [Quote] 
While we're on the subject, here is a quick attempt at a list of the known Roxy repertoire. Most songs are available in more than one version from the Roxy run. For the ones where the same take is available in more than one place I have listed the two releases with a slash (for instance, the same version of RDNZL is on the audience tape and Roxy By Proxy so I listed it "RBP/audience," but Echidna's Arf is a different version on Proxy than R&E so it is listed "R&E, RBP"). Any additions or corrections welcome.

Penguin In Bondage - R&E, RBP/audience, UnConcert
Pygmy Twylyte - R&E/video ("Dummy Up"), audience
Idiot Bastard Son - audience
Cheepnis - R&E, RBP, audience
Village Of The Sun - R&E, RBP
Echidna's Arf - R&E, RBP
Don't You Ever Wash That Thing - R&E, RBP
BeBop Tango - R&E
Montana - video, audience (YCDTOSA 4 is edit of both)
Dupree's Paradise - video, RBP/audience
Inca Roads - RBP
T'Mershi Duween - RBP/audience, UnConcert
Dog Breath - RBP/audience, UnConcert
Uncle Meat - RBP/audience, UConcert
RDNZL - RBP/audience
Cheepnis (percussion) - RBP
Cosmik Debris - audience
Dickie's Such An Asshole - YCDTOSA (partly different version on YCDTOSA sampler)
I'm The Slime - YCDTOSA
Big Swifty - YCDTOSA
King Kong/Chunga's/Son Of Mr. Green Genes - RBP

Last edited by pbuzby on 2015-08-19 21:11; edited 4 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-08-19 20:06   [Quote] 
brainpang wrote:
and I bet the 'cheepnis' movie is part of the bonus (they wd be crazy not to) so subtract another ten minutes. That's 43 minutes we have already seen.

No surprises on length here. With all the tech problems and then the announcement of it getting a theater run there was no doubt.

oh well, at least you can gripe to the grave waiting on that unreleased Roxy footage!

It's 2015, unless there's some kind of damage to the film or audio there shouldn't be any tech problems doing the sync.

Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-08-19 20:16   [Quote] 
cekman wrote:
Assuming that they've included that Montana > Dupree's Paradise footage in the DVD. Maybe they figure that there's no need, since they already put it out on the web years ago? And though I hate to say it, but if they had to stick to a short running time, I imagine the first casualty would be the 20-minute sprawling improv vehicle.

brainpang wrote:
and I bet the 'cheepnis' movie is part of the bonus (they wd be crazy not to) so subtract another ten minutes.

I think the Montana -> Dupree section will definitely be on the DVD, as they already had that part of the video done and it was never sold. However, I'm fairly positive they won't include the "Cheepnis" movie as it was already offered as a high-rez video for sale. Also, didn't Gail mention that none of the performances that appeared on "Roxy by Proxy" will be on the video or am I imagining things?

jaypfunk wrote:
I'm just worried that after all this waiting it's going to be underwhelmimg and a "not what it coulda/shoulda been" type of thing.

I experienced similiar disappointments with "long thought lost archive material finally released after years" by other bands, so I understand what you mean, but I'm sure we'll love this one, judging by the quality of the band that performed and the various sneak peaks of these concerts we had so far (the 30 min video, the audience recording, "Roxy and Elsewhere", "Roxy by Proxy") Wink

cheers

cekman
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2015-08-19 20:16   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
Idiot Bastard Son - RBP, audience

This one's only on the audience tape, not on RBP.

pbuzby wrote:
T'Mershi Duween - RBP, UnConcert
Dog Breath - RBP, UnConcert
Uncle Meat - RBP, UConcert

Also on the audience tape, though FZShows say that parts of Dog/Meat are on RBP.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2015-08-19 20:34   [Quote] 
cekman wrote:
pbuzby wrote:
Idiot Bastard Son - RBP, audience

This one's only on the audience tape, not on RBP.

pbuzby wrote:
T'Mershi Duween - RBP, UnConcert
Dog Breath - RBP, UnConcert
Uncle Meat - RBP, UConcert

Also on the audience tape, though FZShows say that parts of Dog/Meat are on RBP.

Thanks, edited my post.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2015-08-19 22:17   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
brainpang wrote:

It's 2015, unless there's some kind of damage to the film or audio there shouldn't be any tech problems doing the sync.

Yea, I never understood what the ZFT was going on about tech-wise, didn't make a lot of sense to me. But they did, using it as an excuse (or to be nice a REASON for the delay). So who knows.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-08-20 04:55   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
pbuzby wrote:
The plan changed, deal with it.

Of course I am happy to be getting anything. Been waiting for 25+ fucking years since the original tease on the Baby Snakes VHS!! I'm just really disappointed that it's now not going to be what it was supposed to be.

It's possible that they *thought* they had three complete shows, and when they finally got down to work they realized there was too much missing and/or poorly shot material to do that, so they narrowed it down to one full program of highlights. Gail also had a boner for getting this film entered into film festivals for a while, and I guess that wouldn't be commercially viable with such a massive program.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-08-20 14:23   [Quote] 
JWB wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
pbuzby wrote:
The plan changed, deal with it.

Of course I am happy to be getting anything. Been waiting for 25+ fucking years since the original tease on the Baby Snakes VHS!! I'm just really disappointed that it's now not going to be what it was supposed to be.

It's possible that they *thought* they had three complete shows, and when they finally got down to work they realized there was too much missing and/or poorly shot material to do that, so they narrowed it down to one full program of highlights.

Gail also had a boner for getting this film entered into film festivals for a while, and I guess that wouldn't be commercially viable with such a massive program.

This is very possible.

About the film festival... well, use the standard highlights version for that and then make a deluxe with everything. That is of course dependent upon what you said about missing and/or poorly shot material that was deemed unusable.

jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-08-20 16:42   [Quote] 
I sent a message to the Eagle Rock News Twitter account asking when the pre-orders will start. No answer yet.

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 23 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: