Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
MOTHER'S DAY 2015 - "Pick Me Iím Clean" Digital Download
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-05-11 21:19   [Quote] 
What a hot HOT version of PMIC!! The solo is longer than what's on the KBFH version. The fade out at the end is kinda dumb. No reason to do that.

DoctorNerve
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2015-05-11 21:46   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
What a hot HOT version of PMIC!! The solo is longer than what's on the KBFH version. The fade out at the end is kinda dumb. No reason to do that.

I was thinking that same thing too first time... why fade? I like how you get all that's on a tape when Fripp does it - a total in your face cut... no more music. Move on.

Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-05-11 23:16   [Quote] 
Fantastic version - thanks for the reminder! Wink

Noticed a little bit of hiss here and there, mainly on the left channel - if you listen with headphones.
For example: increasing from 01:45 to 02:04, then hiss drops out. Or from 06:08 to 06:27.

Of course no flaw, but this maybe indicates the mixing in and out of different sound tracks.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-05-11 23:53   [Quote] 
I noticed the weird bursts of hiss too. According to FZ, these recordings were live to stereo. I don't know what kind of remixing they could have possibly done. And as I said, the mastering sucks.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pepe Nusbaum
Power Poster
EU.gif
Post 2015-05-12 00:37   [Quote] 
if this is the complete PMIC from KBFH that is awesome! Certainly a very annoying fade out on a classic famous historical bootleg....woot

If you just been lowered down here on tv by a wire connected to a brown leather harness, forced by a crazy person to insert a mysterious imported lamp into the reproductive orifice of a lady harpist, and you were a dwarf.....would you do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVafHLqjRmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEr7ym4-r5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdx7M5ufDfQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ip7U-aAMTc
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2015-05-12 00:48   [Quote] 
If I recall right Pick Me isn't faded out on the broadcast. Maybe people could splice in the ending from that version.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-05-12 01:30   [Quote] 
The mastering does not suck. It's just showing the limitations of the source tape. It's a fantastic stereo recording that's 35 fuckin years old. Just enjoy it and stop whining.

JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-05-12 01:31   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
The mastering does not suck. It's just showing the limitations of the source tape.

That might be true in terms of the general sound, but they compressed and limited the hell out of it, which highlights the bad EQ ten-fold.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-05-12 01:32   [Quote] 
The "hiss" that you are hearing could very well be coming from one of FZs rigs. He was using some very nasty sounding distortion on this tour. Deal with it.

JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-05-12 01:47   [Quote] 
Don't tell me how to feel, asshat.

And you are completely fucking wrong...the mastering DOES suck.

I rarely complain about the ZFT, but I don't think it's asking too much for them not to slam the shit out of this stuff.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-05-12 02:33   [Quote] 
Clipped curves, but "ripped off".

To put it at its simplest. Very Happy

Last edited by Pittylabelle on 2015-05-12 03:52; edited 2 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Vaultmeister
Post 2015-05-12 03:42   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:

On the master I used for this version, it goes directly into another song. I decided that I didn't want to include that in the download, but wanted to give you as much of the actual "ending" as I could. Hence the quick fade. Had to make it a "single download" feel.........ah can't please everyone.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-05-12 03:48   [Quote] 
You can actually "un-do" the fade so that it cuts at the very end, like people are requesting. It doesn't fade early to silence...just a uniform fadeout applied to the end.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-05-12 03:57   [Quote] 
Hey Vaultmeister Joe - is this "remixed" as the liners suggest, or is it live to 2-track as FZ's "YCDTOSA" notes state? I figured it was the digital 2-track mastered (not remixed) by Fillipetti, but I really don't know.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Vaultmeister
Post 2015-05-12 07:59   [Quote] 
JWB wrote:
Hey Vaultmeister Joe - is this "remixed" as the liners suggest, or is it live to 2-track as FZ's "YCDTOSA" notes state? I figured it was the digital 2-track mastered (not remixed) by Fillipetti, but I really don't know.

This is an eq'd digital to digital transfer to 1630 done in 1988. It's gotta be the two track digital recordings. Then it was sent out to be "mastered" by Frank F. There were more performances from the same show on the reel. The current liners do state that it's mastered by Frank F.
Smile
Joe
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 3 of 5 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: