Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Zappa French TV Pop2 11/4/72  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
sternlas
usa.gif
Post 2014-07-17 07:17   [Quote] 
I recently got a torrent of an episode of the French TV show Pop2. The broadcast date was 11/4/72. On it there is about 2:20 of live Zappa featuring Flo and Eddie. I did a quick look through the video section and do not see this there, but it may be already included in one of the many compilations there as the clip is so brief. So, does anybody who is familiar with the video section know if this clip is already included on something? If not, I could either post the entire DVD or extract just the brief Zappa section. The other performers on that episode were Johnny Winter, Pink Floyd, Poco, Alice Cooper, MC5, Lou Reed, and Eric Burdon/War. The video quality is A+, but the color is a bit washed out, which seems to be a common issue with things coming from French TV archives.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2014-07-17 08:16   [Quote] 
This is copyrighted material, commercially available,
and therefore not seedable here.

See more detailed discussion here:

1971 Frank Zappa & Jean-Luc Ponty - POP 2 {French TV}

usa.gif
Post 2014-07-18 02:28   [Quote] 
It's not the piece with Ponty in the band. It's not on the 71 Pop2 DVD. As I mentioned it's mostly Flo and Eddie. But, i understand if ALL Pop2 clips are not able to be loaded here. Just wanted to know if it was already part of one of the compilations. I looked at the link on ina.fr and the clip for the date in question (11/4/72) didn't seem to show the Zappa section. I will take a closer look there, maybe you have to go to a pay section or something, I don't speak french, so it's a little hard to navigate it. Maybe there's a switch to english button that some websites have.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: