Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Two-song Mothers Day Download from ZFT (Summer 1973 and 1982)
Goto page:  1, 2, 3  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
Author Message
pbuzby
Site Admin
Joined: 2005-04-30
Posts: 8826
usa.gif
Post 2014-05-10 03:12   [Quote] 
http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=971_66058

Personnel from zappa.com:

Quote:
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
2014 Download!

Zoot Allures 1982

FZ - Lead Guitar
Ray White - Guitar
Steve Vai - Guitar
Scott Thunes - Bass
Chad Wackerman - Drums
(Overdubbed- UMRK)
Bobby Martin - Keys
Tommy Mars - Keys
Ed Mann - Percussion

Cosmik Debris 1973
Finlandia Hall, Helsinki

FZ - Lead Vocal, Guitar
George Duke - Keys
Ruth Underwood - Percussion
Bruce Fowler - Trombone
Jen Luc Ponty - Violin
Ian Underwood - Woodwinds,
Synth
Tom Fowler - Bass


Last edited by pbuzby on 2014-05-10 03:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
Joined: 2005-04-30
Posts: 8826
usa.gif
Post 2014-05-10 03:14   [Quote] 
Sounds like a different "Zoot Allures" solo from the two 1982 ZA solos that have already been officially released (on Guitar and YCDTOSA 3).
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
number1823
Joined: 2008-09-12
Posts: 198
usa.gif
Post 2014-05-10 03:21   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
Sounds like a different "Zoot Allures" solo from the two 1982 ZA solos that have already been officially released (on Guitar and YCDTOSA 3).


Great! I just bought them both . . . about to listen. (I could not get the downloads to work using Firefox and had to open Explorer to get it to work. I got the FLACs. (just a heads up to anybody who might also have a problem)...


Last edited by number1823 on 2014-05-10 15:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cosmikd
Contributor
Joined: 2005-02-14
Posts: 1866
Location: Under the Vault
france.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-05-10 07:52   [Quote] 
When I select FLAC format nothing is available...
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
PappaWas
Poster
Joined: 2008-08-10
Posts: 433
england.gif
Post 2014-05-10 08:41   [Quote] 
I bought the FLACs, hit "STart DOwnload" and......nothing.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
StrokeTheBoots
Busy Poster
Joined: 2011-06-15
Posts: 985
Location: Bremen, Germany
Post 2014-05-10 08:56   [Quote] 
Where did you find these track infos? For me it shows only the titles and no other infos at all except for the years...

pbuzby wrote:
http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=971_66058

Personnel from zappa.com:

Quote:
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
2014 Download!

Zoot Allures 1982

FZ - Lead Guitar
Ray White - Guitar
Steve Vai - Guitar
Scott Thunes - Bass
Chad Wackerman - Drums
(Overdubbed- UMRK)
Bobby Martin - Keys
Tommy Mars - Keys
Ed Mann - Percussion

Cosmik Debris 1973
Finlandia Hall, Helsinki

FZ - Lead Vocal, Guitar
George Duke - Keys
Ruth Underwood - Percussion
Bruce Fowler - Trombone
Jen Luc Ponty - Violin
Ian Underwood - Woodwinds,
Synth
Tom Fowler - Bass

_________________
"The planet is fine - the people are fucked!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c&NR=1

Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Al Fresco
Contributor
Joined: 2005-12-16
Posts: 3745
spain.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-05-10 09:08   [Quote] 
StrokeTheBoots wrote:
Where did you find these track infos? For me it shows only the titles and no other infos at all except for the years...

pbuzby wrote:
http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=971_66058

Personnel from zappa.com:

Quote:
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
2014 Download!

Zoot Allures 1982

FZ - Lead Guitar
Ray White - Guitar
Steve Vai - Guitar
Scott Thunes - Bass
Chad Wackerman - Drums
(Overdubbed- UMRK)
Bobby Martin - Keys
Tommy Mars - Keys
Ed Mann - Percussion

Cosmik Debris 1973
Finlandia Hall, Helsinki

FZ - Lead Vocal, Guitar
George Duke - Keys
Ruth Underwood - Percussion
Bruce Fowler - Trombone
Jen Luc Ponty - Violin
Ian Underwood - Woodwinds,
Synth
Tom Fowler - Bass


Here:

http://www.zappa.com/
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
StrokeTheBoots
Busy Poster
Joined: 2011-06-15
Posts: 985
Location: Bremen, Germany
Post 2014-05-10 09:12   [Quote] 
Thanks Al Fresco...used the link in my newsletter and there is no info on the product site. I find it kinda annoying since this is the case for every release in the online store. "1982", very precise...maybe that's the soundcheck that made Steve Vai cry or makes him remember the best guitar solo he's ever heard (can't find the quote, was in some video documentary)?

_________________
"The planet is fine - the people are fucked!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c&NR=1

Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
Joined: 2012-02-07
Posts: 3236
Location: Dwarf Nebula
england.gif
Post 2014-05-10 09:18   [Quote] 
If you select mp3 you can listen to about 30 seconds of each as a preview - this isn't available if you select flac. (the cosmik preview is part of the guitar solo! Very Happy
It would seem - at the moment at least - that it's only available in mp3.

pbuzby wrote:
Sounds like a different "Zoot Allures" solo from the two 1982 ZA solos that have already been officially released (on Guitar and YCDTOSA 3).

And, yes, it's different!

FOB. Smile

_________________
''Just consider this..... You can be scared when it gets too real...''
(FZ: ''It Just Might Be A One-Shot Deal'')

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
Joined: 2005-02-26
Posts: 2249
EU.gif
Post 2014-05-10 10:15   [Quote] 
direct links to the two clips

Cosmik Debris ('73): http://ab35.mcnemanager.com/33792782.preview
Zoot Allures ('82): http://ab35.mcnemanager.com/33792780.preview

_________________
Chords that vibrate sweetest pleasure,
Thrill the deepest notes of wo.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TPSzappateer
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
PappaWas
Poster
Joined: 2008-08-10
Posts: 433
england.gif
Post 2014-05-10 10:45   [Quote] 
PappaWas wrote:
I bought the FLACs, hit "STart DOwnload" and......nothing.


Sorted now. .flacs purchased, will listen tonight.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BasketCase
Poster
Joined: 2009-12-03
Posts: 272
Location: Merseyside
uk.gif
Post 2014-05-10 13:51   [Quote] 
Was hoping that would be the Zoot Allures from The Ahoy, Rotterdam...the one on Charlie's Favourite boot, which just happens to be one of my favourite solos.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
epistrophy
Joined: 2008-08-11
Posts: 155
Location: London
mongolia.gif
Post 2014-05-10 15:02   [Quote] 
Hmmm, I tried to download the flacs, and it says the files can't be found. Anybody else have the same thing? Mac users perhaps?
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Vuddn
Joined: 2007-05-07
Posts: 10
germany.gif
Post 2014-05-10 15:29   [Quote] 
epistrophy wrote:
Hmmm, I tried to download the flacs, and it says the files can't be found. Anybody else have the same thing? Mac users perhaps?


epistrophy, I also had trouble downloading with Safari on the Mac. Had to use Firefox to get the downloads working.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
Joined: 2005-04-30
Posts: 8826
usa.gif
Post 2014-05-10 16:52   [Quote] 
Zappa's solo in Zoot Allures is from 1982 06 18 London.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic
 
Page 1 of 3 Goto page:  1, 2, 3  Next
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour

 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group, TorrentPier © Meithar