Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Roxy by Proxy
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next  
Al Fresco
Contributor
spain.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-03-18 23:16   [Quote] 
Which tracks belong to the 9th & which others to the 10th of December of this compilation Question

Any clue in the liner notes of the booklet Question
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2014-03-18 23:57   [Quote] 
"Penguin In Bondage" has a different guitar solo from R&E (I think it is also different from the Un-Concert, but am not positive). "Village" sounds very different from R&E with Napoleon's original live vocal. "Echidna's" sounds similar to R&E (at least until the ending section which sounds heavily overdubbed on R&E) but FZ's guitar break in the middle is different. The drum breaks and trombone and keyboard solos in "Don't You Ever Wash" are also different.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2014-03-19 02:50   [Quote] 
JWB wrote:
I think it sounds fine, but not exceptional. Some have called the mix "rough". I think the mix itself is fine - it just has that crappy Bob Stone circa 1987 sound to it in general, like it has been digitally degraded.

I notice it has FZ's mid 80's penchant to have instruments "floating" between channels (Ruth's mallet parts on Echidna's for instant) that also appears a lot on albums from that time like Guitar.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2014-03-19 02:52   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
"Penguin In Bondage" has a different guitar solo from R&E (I think it is also different from the Un-Concert, but am not positive).

Checking Un-Concert, yes, the solo is different, and the Un-Concert also does not have FZ's adlib "bring the band on down behind me boys" after "flapping her eight ounce wings" or the announcement about T'Mershi Duween at the end.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
boguspomp
Busy Poster
italy.gif
Post 2014-03-19 03:33   [Quote] 
I checked the 1973 12 xx show (57 mins) with the R/P release.

Here is what I found. The Roxy/Proxy Bondage is 100% from there, Dog Breath too. Uncle Meat - not sure at least the last minute not. RNDZL 100% again yes.
After RDNZL and before Montana FZ says here is a song we have never done before, Montana. That tells me that this audience recording is from the 9th (maybe 8th). The Video clip we have seen incl Montana and Dupree's seem to be from the last day (10th ?) and the beginning from Roxy/Proxy from the middle show.
The beginning from Dupree's on Roxy/Proxy is again from the audience recording (only 3.52 mins, then aud ending).

So we have definitely 3 shows to expect. Comparing R/P and R+E shows, how many overdubs FZ put on the songs.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2014-03-19 03:37   [Quote] 
HEY yetanother... GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU STUPID IDIOT!!!

jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2014-03-19 03:40   [Quote] 
This is an amazing historical release. If you pick it apart and get all nit-picky about it you are really just a dumb asshole.

fongool
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2014-03-19 04:01   [Quote] 
Is it sacrilege to admit that I'm enjoying RBP more than R&E? I received mine yesterday and listened straight through at least three times, Listened to King Kong while getting ready for work, and am running the whole thing again right now as I type this and prepare myself to finally pull the booklet out of the case.

What's all this about "rough sound"? I think it sounds way punchier and more alive than R&E... It sounds like I'm right there in the venue.

The name dropping of Erich Von Daniken made me smile... Ancient Aliens is one of the most hilarious shows on the teevee and I suspect if Frank were here today he'd agree...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cekman
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2014-03-19 04:03   [Quote] 
I haven't gotten the Cheepnis video yet that the ZFT put out through iTunes at the end of last year - is there any correspondence with the live footage from there?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2014-03-19 04:16   [Quote] 
Hard to believe this crybaby faypjunk hasn't yet gotten a warning from the admins for spewing vitriolic bullshit in the most inappropriate places. Isn't this kind of shit what led to PP being shut down in the first place?

mycroftxxx
Contributor
nepal.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-03-19 04:22   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
HEY yetanother... GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU STUPID IDIOT!!!

what? no go fuck yourself for me?

after all, i told you to go eat a cheeseburger...

where's the love, asshat?

Pepe Nusbaum
Power Poster
EU.gif
Post 2014-03-19 06:55   [Quote] 
Get your hands on the liner notes if you can. It really brings an excellent perspective to this release and I value them just as much as the recording. Ruth really is a special lady and # 1 FZ expert and fan.

Her comments about Village of the Sun are deeply moving.

If you just been lowered down here on tv by a wire connected to a brown leather harness, forced by a crazy person to insert a mysterious imported lamp into the reproductive orifice of a lady harpist, and you were a dwarf.....would you do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVafHLqjRmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEr7ym4-r5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdx7M5ufDfQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ip7U-aAMTc
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Pepe Nusbaum
Power Poster
EU.gif
Post 2014-03-19 06:58   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
Hard to believe this crybaby faypjunk hasn't yet gotten a warning from the admins for spewing vitriolic bullshit in the most inappropriate places. Isn't this kind of shit what led to PP being shut down in the first place?

Nostradumbass was kind of funny tho roflol

If you just been lowered down here on tv by a wire connected to a brown leather harness, forced by a crazy person to insert a mysterious imported lamp into the reproductive orifice of a lady harpist, and you were a dwarf.....would you do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVafHLqjRmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEr7ym4-r5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdx7M5ufDfQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ip7U-aAMTc
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2014-03-19 08:04   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:

What's PP ?

Playground Psychotics ?

UM

brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2014-03-19 10:38   [Quote] 
Al Fresco wrote:
Which tracks belong to the 9th & which others to the 10th of December of this compilation Question

Any clue in the liner notes of the booklet Question

Am I ignorant to some common Zappa knowledge? The Roxy run was three nights, right? 8. 9. 10.
This is the 2nd post here asking specifically about 9 & 10. Please advise!

The release is killer, plain and simple (to me). It has exceeded expectations.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 3 of 26 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: