Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Road Tapes, Venue #2
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next  
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2014-01-16 04:49   [Quote] 
The way the quote was phrased implied something else.

pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2014-01-16 15:45   [Quote] 
There is some awkward writing in there due to the Finnish-English translation. But it's clear to me the writer meant that FZ used the basement studio to record his concerts.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cosmikd
Contributor
france.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-02-15 20:28   [Quote] 
Some words by Ponty in the last Jazz Magazine concerning Road Tapes 2, I hope the translation is correct.

"Cet album est une bonne surprise car il contient des compositions de Zappa qui pour moi sont parmi les plus intéressantes, les plus créatives. Certaines étaient complètement sorties de ma mémoire et me replongent dans cette période de ma vie. Et puis ces enregistrements témoignent de la complicité musicale que j'avais avec George Duke, et dont je parlais au moment de sa disparition en août dernier (Jazz Magazine Jazzman n° 653, septembre 2013). Pour ne citer qu'un exemple, la façon dont il me suit pendant mon improvisation dans Dupree's Paradise me sidère encore aujourd'hui. Il joue très rythmique quand je le suis, ou soulignant en écho quelques notes d'un passage où je suis plus mélodique, ou me suivant dans quelques escapades carrément "free".
Frank était un perfectionniste, il nous avait fait répéter pendant un mois avant la première tournée aux Etats-Unis, et nous faisait encore souvent répéter pendant cette tournée en Europe quelques mois plus tard. Il avait raison quand on entend la précision avec laquelle on jouait ces arrangements sur scène."

"This album is a pleasant surprise because it contains Zappa compositions which for me are the most interesting , the most creative . Some were completely out of my memory and submerge myself in this period of my life. And these recordings reflect the musical complicity that I had with George Duke, and I mentioned at the time of his death last August (Jazz Magazine Jazzman No. 653 , September 2013 ) . To cite just one example , how he follows me during my improvisation in Dupree's Paradise amazes me today. He plays very rhythmic when I'm in, or echoing some notes of a moment where I am more melodic , or following me in some escapades very "free".
Frank was a perfectionist , we had rehearsed for a month before the first tour in United States, and we was still rehearsing during this tour in Europe a few months later . He was right when we hear the precision with which we played these arrangements on stage."
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Ed Organmax
Poster
Post 2014-02-15 20:54   [Quote] 
That's an interesting quote. It sheds some light on why JLP appeared to be fairly bitter about the way FZ/MOI evolved in '73. He liked it how FZ initially wanted to have the group to play his more complex composition, but was disappointed how more commercial FZ had to get and thus he was like a "prisoner of his image" and he also seemed to think his soloing input diminished. Perhaps he remembered the OZ tour a bit more vividly, full of songs about yellow snow and woofing zombies?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
ejtg
usa.gif
Post 2014-03-07 15:28   [Quote] 
doctorzap wrote:
74/10/28 Waterbury CT
Palace Theatre 2 shows

would make a great venue 3 just sayin !

I'll second that!!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2014-03-07 17:32   [Quote] 
YOU HAVE MY VOTE !!!
high5
UM

Pepe Nusbaum
Power Poster
EU.gif
Post 2014-03-07 17:36   [Quote] 
I vote for a Halloween box set. Everyone ever played.

If you just been lowered down here on tv by a wire connected to a brown leather harness, forced by a crazy person to insert a mysterious imported lamp into the reproductive orifice of a lady harpist, and you were a dwarf.....would you do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVafHLqjRmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEr7ym4-r5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdx7M5ufDfQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ip7U-aAMTc
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
tioa
italy.gif
Post 2014-03-17 18:44   [Quote] 
cosmikd wrote:
Some words by Ponty in the last Jazz Magazine concerning Road Tapes 2, I hope the translation is correct.

"Cet album est une bonne surprise car il contient des compositions de Zappa qui pour moi sont parmi les plus intéressantes, les plus créatives. Certaines étaient complètement sorties de ma mémoire et me replongent dans cette période de ma vie. Et puis ces enregistrements témoignent de la complicité musicale que j'avais avec George Duke, et dont je parlais au moment de sa disparition en août dernier (Jazz Magazine Jazzman n° 653, septembre 2013). Pour ne citer qu'un exemple, la façon dont il me suit pendant mon improvisation dans Dupree's Paradise me sidère encore aujourd'hui. Il joue très rythmique quand je le suis, ou soulignant en écho quelques notes d'un passage où je suis plus mélodique, ou me suivant dans quelques escapades carrément "free".
Frank était un perfectionniste, il nous avait fait répéter pendant un mois avant la première tournée aux Etats-Unis, et nous faisait encore souvent répéter pendant cette tournée en Europe quelques mois plus tard. Il avait raison quand on entend la précision avec laquelle on jouait ces arrangements sur scène."

"This album is a pleasant surprise because it contains Zappa compositions which for me are the most interesting , the most creative . Some were completely out of my memory and submerge myself in this period of my life. And these recordings reflect the musical complicity that I had with George Duke, and I mentioned at the time of his death last August (Jazz Magazine Jazzman No. 653 , September 2013 ) . To cite just one example , how he follows me during my improvisation in Dupree's Paradise amazes me today. He plays very rhythmic when I'm in, or echoing some notes of a moment where I am more melodic , or following me in some escapades very "free".
Frank was a perfectionist , we had rehearsed for a month before the first tour in United States, and we was still rehearsing during this tour in Europe a few months later . He was right when we hear the precision with which we played these arrangements on stage."

I noticed your post just now, very interesting, thank you!

If you don't mind, I'd like to attach this quote at the end of my post about the album

http://rhoerer.wordpress.com/2013/12/05/the-road-tapes-venue-2/

from which jazz magazine issue does the quote come from exactly?

(658 Feb or 657 Jan maybe?)

http://rhoerer.wordpress.com
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
cosmikd
Contributor
france.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-03-18 09:38   [Quote] 
tioa wrote:
cosmikd wrote:

If you don't mind, I'd like to attach this quote at the end of my post about the album

The quote is from Jazz Magazine - Jazman (2 mags which grouped together since some years), 658, february 2014.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
tioa
italy.gif
Post 2014-03-18 09:57   [Quote] 
cosmikd wrote:
tioa wrote:
cosmikd wrote:

The quote is from Jazz Magazine - Jazman (2 mags which grouped together since some years), 658, february 2014.

so this one:

http://www.dipresse.fr/images/SOM/jazzmag/JazzMag658-sommaire.pdf

thank you

http://rhoerer.wordpress.com
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Ed Organmax
Poster
Post 2014-05-04 00:18   [Quote] 
A bilingual (French and English) review of RTV2 included in this blog post:

http://blog.monsieurdelire.com/2014/04/2014-04-28-carterbradford-steve-lacy.html
 [Profile]  [PM] 
chuckspinach
Busy Poster
Location: I said look to th' @$^%! damn Night Sky, motherfucker.....
stkitts_nevis.gif
Post 2014-05-08 07:10   [Quote] 
tioa wrote:
Some further folklore about the Zappa trips in Helsinki emerged:

http://rhoerer.wordpress.com/2014/01/14/finland-elsewhere/

Wow, if only that FZ/Pekka Pohjola project woulda come to fruition..........

mmBalint
hungary.gif
Post 2016-12-12 10:14   [Quote] 

CAN SOMEONE HELP?

Road Tapes #2 (Helsinki '73) has just arrived - with the wrong cover and sleeve-notes. Maybe I could ask for replacement (I dont know how it goes at Amazon, how much time it takes, etc), BUT: would someone be so kind as to send me a more-or-less good quality scan of the booklet? (How many pages is it?)

I'd print it for myself - and could finally read it, it was ONE of the reasons I kept waiting for it for weeks... Smile

Can anyone help?
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2016-12-12 10:31   [Quote] 
I'd say that if Amazon has sent you the wrong item then just ask them for a replacement, it's their responsibility. It shouldn't take too long and considering you've already waited weeks another few days probably won't matter.

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mmBalint
hungary.gif
Post 2016-12-12 13:02   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
ask them for a replacement

Yes, it sounds logical, but I've ordered in at the german amazon, the whole thing is in german - I do NOT speak german, and basicly I ordered it because I did not want to go to the post office (quite far from my flat) - so I'd have to translate / send / package / correspond... (in german) ... ... ...

Thats why I asked if anyone could help - its just the booklet, it seems to be simple just to print it, instead of weeks of administration and waiting. (How many pages is it?)
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 21 of 22 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: