Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
So you've got Roxy Soundtrack, DMT, and a 73 band album. What next?
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  
warewolf95
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2014-01-12 15:13   [Quote] 
How about both 81 NYC Halloween shows - complete?

They've said they are there in the vaults.

cookie_manager
Power Poster
Post 2014-01-12 17:06   [Quote] 
Some nice show from 1979 with a bunch of "mystery rehearsal piece"-themes (the 1979-rehearsals include some great stuff!!) and a smoking "Pound for a Brown" incl. "five-five-FIVE" + "Black Page", "Titties and Beer" and a complete "Outside Now" and a "Easy Meat" with 15/16 solo - all in A++ sound quality of course. Quite some yet-to-see-the-light-of-day wonderment during that tour!

everyody agrees, end of thread Razz

syncopatico
Post 2014-01-12 19:05   [Quote] 
I wouldn't mind hearing a ZFT release covering early 1974, with the larger ensemble that included Jeff Simmons... or even an official "Ten Years of The Mothers" tour '74 release... or even a OSFA line-up 1974 vaulternative release THAT WASN'T comprised of the KCET TV stuff! Confused

pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2014-01-12 19:15   [Quote] 
syncopatico wrote:
I wouldn't mind hearing a ZFT release covering early 1974, with the larger ensemble that included Jeff Simmons... or even an official "Ten Years of The Mothers" tour '74 release... or even a OSFA line-up 1974 vaulternative release THAT WASN'T comprised of the KCET TV stuff! Confused

If they keep up a good pace on the Road Trips series (which I very much hope they do) they'll probably get to at least one of those. Probably also 1979 as suggested above.

For 1981 I'd rather have the Ritz or better yet a show not already circulating.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
syncopatico
Post 2014-01-12 19:28   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
syncopatico wrote:

If they keep up a good pace on the Road Trips series (which I very much hope they do) they'll probably get to at least one of those.

I sincerely hope you're right about that! Road Tapes Venue #2 is BY FAR my favorite ZFT release (so far) since Imaginary Diseases!

duster71
usa.gif
Post 2014-01-12 21:27   [Quote] 
HughGotIt wrote:
manxzx wrote:
1982 Euro tour including the Thomas Nordegg videos of that tour.
Plus, Tommy's capture of the '81 Ritz concert (I know Nordegg filmed that night, I have the pictures to prove it!!).
. Now that's what I'm talkin about. Maybe I could see myself in the third row 33 years younger.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
warewolf95
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2014-01-12 22:11   [Quote] 
duster71 wrote:
HughGotIt wrote:
manxzx wrote:
Plus, Tommy's capture of the '81 Ritz concert (I know Nordegg filmed that night, I have the pictures to prove it!!).
. Now that's what I'm talkin about. Maybe I could see myself in the third row 33 years younger.

woah woah woah woah woah - back the fuck up.

You saying there is footage of the ritz show?!?!

duster71
usa.gif
Post 2014-01-13 02:51   [Quote] 
warewolf95 wrote:
duster71 wrote:
HughGotIt wrote:
manxzx wrote:

woah woah woah woah woah - back the fuck up.

That's what I was thinking also. If any concert footage that would be worth a fortune to the ZFT is the Ritz show.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2014-01-13 04:02   [Quote] 
Thomas Nordegg was running video of FZ's shows for a while in the early 80's. Quality can be rough at times as shown in the footage from Video From Hell.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
HughGotIt
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-01-13 08:30   [Quote] 
warewolf95 wrote:
See that guy bending over with the video camera (below). That is Thomas Nordegg filming the Ritz concert. Mr. Green

duster71 wrote:
Now that's what I'm talkin about. Maybe I could see myself in the third row 33 years younger.
That would be nice (for me, too!)!
What a epic night, huh, duster? We were packed in like sardines. Laughing

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
agingbuffoon
Post 2014-01-19 12:51   [Quote] 
The Collected History And Improvisations of The Mothers Of Invention, better guitar tab books (read: all parts), full score transcriptions of Hot Rats, Grand Wazoo, and Waka-Jawaka, Anthropology Of A Rock Band, published libretto for Joe's Garage Stage Show, Roxy Performance film released theatrically and shown at The Music Box Theatre. Better access to Zappa's scores for students.

Herbert West style reanimation of Frank.

Not much.

bleachboy
Power Poster
france.gif
Post 2014-01-19 13:20   [Quote] 
Early 74' band with Simmons and Walt, May 70 Fillmore East shows with Ray Collins and Billy Mundi, and any post Mothers pre Flo and Eddie show.

He could be a dog or a frog or a lesbian queen
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
warewolf95
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2014-01-19 13:51   [Quote] 
HughGotIt wrote:
warewolf95 wrote:
See that guy bending over with the video camera (below). That is Thomas Nordegg filming the Ritz concert. Mr. Green

duster71 wrote:
Now that's what I'm talkin about. Maybe I could see myself in the third row 33 years younger.

Ive seen those pics before but never noticed the camera Smile

The ZFT should pull a GD and put out a From The Vault video series, kinda a visual accompaniment to Road Tapes

duster71
usa.gif
Post 2014-01-19 16:08   [Quote] 
HughGotIt wrote:
warewolf95 wrote:

duster71 wrote:
Like tuna in a can.When he said " ladies and gentlemen,another great Italian"(like me).) I started screaming at my friend Al DiMeola. I'm also the idiot who screams at the begining of Watermelon in Easter Hay.Im so embarrassed because I hate when assholes are screaming while the performer is playing
 [Profile]  [PM] 
DoctorNerve
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2014-01-20 15:06   [Quote] 
duster71 wrote:
HughGotIt wrote:
warewolf95 wrote:

duster71 wrote:
Like tuna in a can.When he said " ladies and gentlemen,another great Italian"(like me).) I started screaming at my friend Al DiMeola. I'm also the idiot who screams at the begining of Watermelon in Easter Hay.Im so embarrassed because I hate when assholes are screaming while the performer is playing

I can relate - I was a bit drunk at the first ZPZ show w/ Bozzio in Las Vegas - front row seat with my wife. I ended up standing up and yelling at people to get into it - cause they were all sitting like a crowd of zombies not making much of a fuss about anything. I found my own actions quite disturbing afterward. haha.

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 3 of 11 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: