Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1974 08 27 KCET-TV Los Angeles predub
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox
Trends
france.gif
Post 2013-06-29 23:50   [Quote] 
Just realised that Aproximate and Cosmik Debris feature on Dub Room Special, so finally we've got the complete thing !!

Last edited by Trends on 2013-06-30 09:55; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Yuke
Busy Poster
Post 2013-06-30 03:11   [Quote] 
This version is the most complete version I have
 [Profile]  [PM] 
varanasibull
germany.gif
Post 2013-06-30 08:48   [Quote] 
Howdy! Good era, great show - saw it around X-MAS 1975 or 1976 at lunchtime on the telly. My parents were NOT shocked, but I was impressed with RUTH and fell in love...nothing ever happened between us. Thanks for this nice upload. Cheerio.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
falbrav
Post 2013-06-30 09:14   [Quote] 
Trends wrote:
Just realised that Aproximate and Stink Foot feature on Dub Room Special, so finally we've got the complete thing !!

I try to ask again here... I tried on another thread but maybe my question wasn't clear. Is this "predub" version meaningfully different from what is officially released? Ok, official one is awfully split into a couple of releases, so you need at least DRS CD and latest Token DVD to have the whole thing; but is this torrent something different, and how?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Trends
france.gif
Post 2013-06-30 09:54   [Quote] 
falbrav wrote:
Trends wrote:
Just realised that Aproximate and Stink Foot feature on Dub Room Special, so finally we've got the complete thing !!

I try to ask again here... I tried on another thread but maybe my question wasn't clear. Is this "predub" version meaningfully different from what is officially released? Ok, official one is awfully split into a couple of releases, so you need at least DRS CD and latest Token DVD to have the whole thing; but is this torrent something different, and how?

For what I heard it's exactly the same, and yes, if you take Aproximate and Cosmik Debris from The Dub Room Special and add them to the recent A Token of his Extreme DVD release, you obtain the same thing with excellent sound.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
falbrav
Post 2013-07-01 08:10   [Quote] 
Trends wrote:
falbrav wrote:
Trends wrote:

For what I heard it's exactly the same, and yes, if you take Aproximate and Cosmik Debris from The Dub Room Special and add them to the recent A Token of his Extreme DVD release, you obtain the same thing with excellent sound.

That's it. Or the other way round, one can add some tracks ripped from Token to the ones from DRS to achieve a full audio set (DRS is the only one containing the introduction). Actually this is what I am doing right now. Later I could try something for the video, adding the two extra tracks to Token, but it's a little bit harder....
 [Profile]  [PM] 
POLIKARPE
Post 2013-07-06 20:48   [Quote] 
thank you very much!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mb666
germany.gif
Post 2013-07-09 20:35   [Quote] 
"Dummy Up" still hasn't been officially released, has it? The (late) KUR website lists "Dummy up".

See here:

[url]http://www.killuglyradio.com/2009/04/04/zappa-mothers-tv-special-1974/[/url]

I can't find it on the Dub Room Special or A Token Of His Extreme.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
aoxomoxoa1970
usa.gif
Post 2013-08-25 17:22   [Quote] 
Last weekend I Spent the day extracting the audio from both honker DVD's and then retracking them (the tracking is slightly off when trying to edit them together).

The Dub Room Special CD soundtrack also includes an additonal track - A Token of My Extreme (Vamp), that's not on the DVD's.

The Dub Room CD mix is different, and EQ'ed brighter than both mixes used on the Honker DVD releases.

This torrent sounds the muddiest of all the mixes. (I compared all the sources) When I made my own edit, I decided to use the DVD soundtracks so the overall quality was consistant instead of trying to mix the Dub Room CD with the DVD(s) audio, even thought DVD is a lossy source. It just sounded like the best mix, and the warmest sound to my ears. I'm surprised I prefered it over the Dub Room Special CD! Go Figure. I'm Looking forward to re-buying these on Bluray some decade so I can upgrade again.

One other thought: on the ZPZ tour, Didn't they show a Different Performance of Cosmik Debris on the screen behind the band? I'm surprised that altrnate performance of Cosmik never circulated [w/o ZPZ playing with it]. I wonder How many Other songs were performed more than once during the filming of this 1974 TV special?

So to recap:
If you own all three Zappa releases, Take A Token of My Extreme (Vamp) from the Dub Room CD, The Entire soundtrack from "A Token of His Extreme" DVD, and edit in Apostrophie and Cosmik Debris" from "The Dub Room Special" DVD, and you have everything from the most enjoyable mixes Official Released. Easy~
 [Profile]  [PM] 
falbrav
Post 2013-08-25 21:18   [Quote] 
Guess you meant Approximate instead of Apostrophe... anyway, it seems to me that DVDs are not lossy, both DRS and Token have PCM audio; not so surprising that its sound can be as good as CD or better.
Indeed even the EQ of DRS DVD is a bit different compared to latest Token DVD, which has received a further 'smiling face' eq. together with a respectable compression-limiting.
I can tell you that I spent even more time rebuilding a DVD with Approximate and Cosmik at their place (thanks ZFT for not releasing the complete stuff... oh wait, right, it will be for Bluray version one good day). It took long time, but at least it makes the whole thing complete, or almost.

aoxomoxoa1970 wrote:
Last weekend I Spent the day extracting the audio from both honker DVD's and then retracking them (the tracking is slightly off when trying to edit them together).

The Dub Room Special CD soundtrack also includes an additonal track - A Token of My Extreme (Vamp), that's not on the DVD's.

The Dub Room CD mix is different, and EQ'ed brighter than both mixes used on the Honker DVD releases.

This torrent sounds the muddiest of all the mixes. (I compared all the sources) When I made my own edit, I decided to use the DVD soundtracks so the overall quality was consistant instead of trying to mix the Dub Room CD with the DVD(s) audio, even thought DVD is a lossy source. It just sounded like the best mix, and the warmest sound to my ears. I'm surprised I prefered it over the Dub Room Special CD! Go Figure. I'm Looking forward to re-buying these on Bluray some decade so I can upgrade again.

One other thought: on the ZPZ tour, Didn't they show a Different Performance of Cosmik Debris on the screen behind the band? I'm surprised that altrnate performance of Cosmik never circulated [w/o ZPZ playing with it]. I wonder How many Other songs were performed more than once during the filming of this 1974 TV special?

So to recap:
If you own all three Zappa releases, Take A Token of My Extreme (Vamp) from the Dub Room CD, The Entire soundtrack from "A Token of His Extreme" DVD, and edit in Apostrophie and Cosmik Debris" from "The Dub Room Special" DVD, and you have everything from the most enjoyable mixes Official Released. Easy~
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Trends
france.gif
Post 2013-09-04 21:07   [Quote] 
"anyway, it seems to me that DVDs are not lossy, both DRS and Token have PCM audio; not so surprising that its sound can be as good as CD or better."

Moreover, the sound on "A Token of his Extreme" DVD was remastered by the great Bob Ludwig, it has to me the most natural and efficient sound of the three sources.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Stucco Holmes
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2013-11-16 21:32   [Quote] 
I haven't d/l this, but was wondering....
So is the actual order of the show this:

A Token Of My Extreme 2:29
Stink-Foot 4:13
Inca Roads 9:47
Approximate 4:52
Cosmik Debris 7:31
The Dog Breath Variations 1:40
Uncle Meat 2:15
Montana 5:56
George Duke Solo 5:48
Florentine Pogen 9:56
Pygmy Twylyte 5:50
Room Service 11:24
Oh No 7:07
More Trouble Every Day 7:17
A Token Of My Extreme 1:21
I copied it from http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/videography/A_Token_Of_His_Extreme.html

Pepe Nusbaum
Power Poster
EU.gif
Post 2013-11-16 22:04   [Quote] 
falbrav wrote:
Guess you meant Approximate instead of Apostrophe... anyway, it seems to me that DVDs are not lossy, both DRS and Token have PCM audio; not so surprising that its sound can be as good as CD or better.
Indeed even the EQ of DRS DVD is a bit different compared to latest Token DVD, which has received a further 'smiling face' eq. together with a respectable compression-limiting.
I can tell you that I spent even more time rebuilding a DVD with Approximate and Cosmik at their place (thanks ZFT for not releasing the complete stuff... oh wait, right, it will be for Bluray version one good day). It took long time, but at least it makes the whole thing complete, or almost.

Hopefully we get the complete version someday.

If you just been lowered down here on tv by a wire connected to a brown leather harness, forced by a crazy person to insert a mysterious imported lamp into the reproductive orifice of a lady harpist, and you were a dwarf.....would you do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVafHLqjRmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEr7ym4-r5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdx7M5ufDfQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ip7U-aAMTc
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Stucco Holmes
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2013-11-17 15:18   [Quote] 
Thanks for the seeds guys!

Yuke
Busy Poster
Post 2013-12-07 14:14   [Quote] 
edit: never mind smile010
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 3 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: