Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Finer Moments
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next  
vudicus
Poster
uk.gif
Post 2012-12-28 00:19   [Quote] 
I really hope the analog tapes are used for the vinyl cutting rather than a digital transfer

yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2012-12-28 03:15   [Quote] 
vudicus wrote:
I really hope the analog tapes are used for the vinyl cutting rather than a digital transfer

I very much doubt they used analog mastering for the vinyl, so I'm afraid your hopes are in vain.

JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2012-12-28 03:40   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
vudicus wrote:

I very much doubt they used analog mastering for the vinyl, so I'm afraid your hopes are in vain.

They used the analog masters for "Hot Rats" and "Big Leg Emma" so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Mondolunch
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2012-12-28 03:41   [Quote] 
You said Hot Rats.

yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2012-12-28 03:49   [Quote] 
JWB wrote:
yetanother wrote:
vudicus wrote:

They used the analog masters for "Hot Rats" and "Big Leg Emma" so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

I don't know about BLE, but Hot Rats was digitally remastered, wasn't it? So it had to be transferred anyway. And presumably the original analog tapes for Finer Moments aren't even mastered in the first place.

JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2012-12-28 05:30   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
JWB wrote:
yetanother wrote:
vudicus wrote:

I don't know about BLE, but Hot Rats was digitally remastered, wasn't it? So it had to be transferred anyway. And presumably the original analog tapes for Finer Moments aren't even mastered in the first place.

WTF are you talking about? An LP is "mastered" from a tape. Playing the "Finer Moments" tape for LP mastering would be the same as playing any other master tape.

"Hot Rats" was mastered to vinyl and digital at the same time from the analog master tape.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2012-12-28 06:14   [Quote] 
I'm not talking about the source, I'm talking about the mastering process. From what I know, all the remasters were being done digitally, and it would be quite silly to do it otherwise anyway. So even if the output is analog (for pressing onto vinyl), it was already converted at least once. Unless Joe Travers shows up to prove me wrong.

Mondolunch
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2012-12-28 06:26   [Quote] 
I totally disagree with everyone. Cept me of course.

Mondo

Vaultmeister
Post 2012-12-28 10:01   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
I'm not talking about the source, I'm talking about the mastering process. From what I know, all the remasters were being done digitally, and it would be quite silly to do it otherwise anyway. So even if the output is analog (for pressing onto vinyl), it was already converted at least once. Unless Joe Travers shows up to prove me wrong.

The vinyl edition was cut directly from the DBX187 encoded 1/4" analog stereo master tapes. NOT from a digital transfer. The digital transfer was done in 2007 which was used for the cd edition, but since the tapes are in great condition we used them again for the 2012 vinyl cutting.
Joe
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2012-12-28 10:55   [Quote] 
Vaultmeister wrote:
yetanother wrote:
Unless Joe Travers shows up to prove me wrong.

The vinyl edition was cut directly from the DBX187 encoded 1/4" analog stereo master tapes. NOT from a digital transfer. The digital transfer was done in 2007 which was used for the cd edition, but since the tapes are in great condition we used them again for the 2012 vinyl cutting.
Joe

Joe!

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
wingedeelfingerling
Busy Poster
burma.gif
Post 2012-12-28 10:58   [Quote] 
Vaultmeister wrote:
yetanother wrote:

Joe

The sound on the Classic Vinyl version was superb any idea yet when the vinyl FINER MOments will appear?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2012-12-28 11:02   [Quote] 
According to Amazon.com
"This title will be released on February 5, 2013."

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
vudicus
Poster
uk.gif
Post 2012-12-28 12:26   [Quote] 
Analog tape used for vinyl mastering, woo-hoo!!!! Good work Joe!

paper82
austria.gif
Post 2012-12-28 13:21   [Quote] 
drool
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2012-12-28 13:51   [Quote] 
Joe speaks! Thanks for clearing that up Joe! I feel blessed.... Patricia, the loveable dog from The Perfect Stranger (and others!), dancing
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 18 of 26 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: