Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Reissues Coming...............
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 120, 121, 122  Next  
thatclamguy
canada.gif
Post 2012-06-26 20:15   [Quote] 
I find it a little odd they've never shown up on wolfgang's puck, but maybe there's a licensing issue with those shows since they were released commercially.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [AIM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2012-06-26 21:08   [Quote] 
thatclamguy wrote:
I find it a little odd they've never shown up on wolfgang's puck, but maybe there's a licensing issue with those shows since they were released commercially.

well if they don't exist they wouldn't.

most of the shit on WV has been available in the trading circuit for years and way before WV even existed.

BognarRegis
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2012-06-26 21:11   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
thatclamguy wrote:

well if they don't exist they wouldn't.

most of the shit on WV has been available in the trading circuit for years and way before WV even existed.

Y'know it's things like this that make me wish we had a "like" button like on FB. It's a way of showing support without having to weigh in with a comment. Smile
 [Profile]  [PM]  [AIM]  [Yahoo] 
mustwerock
usa.gif
Post 2012-06-26 21:13   [Quote] 
BognarRegis wrote:
Y'know it's things like this that make me wish we had a "like" button like on FB. It's a way of showing support without having to weigh in with a comment. Smile

Mustwerock likes this comment.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
boguspomp
Busy Poster
italy.gif
Post 2012-06-26 21:21   [Quote] 
An abrupt cut is nice, but Bengo's German WTP 1 is around 1.4 min shorter than the fading version...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2012-06-26 21:23   [Quote] 
boguspomp wrote:
An abrupt cut is nice, but Bengo's German WTP 1 is around 1.4 min shorter than the fading version...

?? Seemed the same as my blue Bizarre copy except for the lack of a fade.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2012-06-26 21:34   [Quote] 
and the plot thickens!!!

jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2012-06-26 21:45   [Quote] 
all of the times on all the labels here say 2:50 for WTP Pt. 1 (including the Canadian pressing that is supposed to have the abrupt end)

But unfortunately the 2 German pressings do not list the times...............

http://home.westbrabant.net/~hades/fillmoreeast.html

pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2012-06-26 21:46   [Quote] 
The Ryko CD has a longer timing for WTP 1 because the track includes the last minute of "Latex Solar Beef."
 [Profile]  [PM] 
boguspomp
Busy Poster
italy.gif
Post 2012-06-27 01:57   [Quote] 
I downloaded FE the other day from demon hemorrhoid as the LP version to compare after all the talk in here and that version is 4.07 (incl. fade)

edit ...just listened again...first 56 secs are from the song before...so same length as Bengos version..
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Busy Poster
burma.gif
Post 2012-06-27 10:24   [Quote] 
woah great discussion on this plus snarky comments too... I like the bootleg edit theory btw... do i detect that people dont like Bill Grahams vault being avaiable for free? why not?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Vaultmeister
Post 2012-06-28 09:05   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
JWB wrote:

I was under the impression that Willie Pt. 1 & 2 are different performances in different keys, which is why FZ didn't combine them on the original CD in the first place.

Same key, but Willie Pt 2 is faster than Pt 1 and presumably from a different show.

I got to this late, sorry. But JWB and PBUZBY are right. They are from different shows. The master tapes DO NOT have the fades, there are instructions on the tape box for the engineer to perform the fades while cutting the lacquers for disc replication! This would explain why some some editions do not have the fades (this is news to me). Obviously some editions didn't follow orders!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2012-06-28 09:09   [Quote] 
Vaultmeister wrote:
pbuzby wrote:
JWB wrote:

I was under the impression that Willie Pt. 1 & 2 are different performances in different keys, which is why FZ didn't combine them on the original CD in the first place.

Same key, but Willie Pt 2 is faster than Pt 1 and presumably from a different show.

I got to this late, sorry. But JWB and PBUZBY are right. They are from different shows. The master tapes DO NOT have the fades, there are instructions on the tape box for the engineer to perform the fades while cutting the lacquers for disc replication! This would explain why some some editions do not have the fades (this is news to me). Obviously some editions didn't follow orders!

Thank you Joe,
that's great information for us vinyl collectors too Wink
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
hoops
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2012-06-28 09:35   [Quote] 
BengoFury wrote:
Vaultmeister wrote:
pbuzby wrote:
JWB wrote:

Thank you Joe,
that's great information for us vinyl collectors too Wink

Indeed! Smile

Try the vines, you'll love it, it's a way of life...

That's the way the cookie crumbled..
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2012-06-28 14:28   [Quote] 
Vaultmeister wrote:
pbuzby wrote:
JWB wrote:

Great info, Thanks Joe.

So now that we're on the subject, how is this edit being handled on the new CD reissue?

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 22 of 122 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: