Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Uncle Meat UK booklet / tour programme  
ErikTheViking
england.gif
Post 2012-02-29 12:59   [Quote] 
I'm sure you folks have all heard about this - quite confusing as it has the same cover as the booklet that came with the US pressings but the inside is completely different, has a bio on each member and stuff. A friend of mine picked up a UK pressing that actually had one in there, although as far as I know only a handful came with those, most of these booklets were sold at UK gigs in 1969.

Does anyone own one? I realise how rare it is but any rough idea of a value? I'd love to own one, it would sit nicely with my mint UK pressing Wink

Even if someone has any scans of it...

eBay seller Rev West (you guys know him?) had one but he had a crazy price tag on it...

BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2012-02-29 13:51   [Quote] 
I think that this was only sold at gigs, never distributed with the record. But no, I don't own one either Sad
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
ErikTheViking
england.gif
Post 2012-02-29 14:04   [Quote] 
Maybe the one my friend picked up had it in the sleeve as someone had bought it at one of the gigs. I think it's one of the rarest things out there though - you just never see it!

yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2012-02-29 14:50   [Quote] 
Congratulations, you managed to find a Zappa item BengoFury doesn't own - now that's a one-in-a-lifetime occasion! Very Happy

ErikTheViking
england.gif
Post 2012-02-29 15:14   [Quote] 
Haha! I sometimes wish I had bought that one I saw on eBay but the asking price was about $300 and I just couldn't afford it... Sad

manxzx
Busy Poster
Post 2012-02-29 18:08   [Quote] 
I have a UK pressing and it has this booklet too hmm
I don't have a scanner right now but I can post some pictures if somebody is interestedd
 [Profile]  [PM] 
ErikTheViking
england.gif
Post 2012-03-01 02:06   [Quote] 
I'm definitely interested! Would love to see it! I heard a rumour that the first hundred UK pressings DID come with that booklet - it probably had nothing to with Frank as the booklet was just put together for the European tour I think?

lordevilvenom
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2012-03-01 02:17   [Quote] 
manxzx wrote:
I have a UK pressing and it has this booklet too hmm
I don't have a scanner right now but I can post some pictures if somebody is interestedd

Would love a scan as well!

Beefheart torrent catalogue here: http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=90

Collector of Beefheart? Check out: http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=79
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
manxzx
Busy Poster
Post 2012-03-01 16:31   [Quote] 
The other Uncle Meat booklet

[Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2012-03-01 16:44   [Quote] 
Beautiful! Is there any notes on where it's printed, or any reference to Transatlantic records?
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
manxzx
Busy Poster
Post 2012-03-01 17:19   [Quote] 
No, there's no reference to Transatlantic records.
only this little note on the last page.

DSCN2369.JPG
 Description:  
 Filesize:  134.98 KB
 Viewed:  392 Time(s)

DSCN2369.JPG

[Profile]  [PM] 
chrisfromparis
france.gif
Post 2012-03-01 18:04   [Quote] 
Wow. Just wow. Thanks for the pictures manxzx !
 [Profile]  [PM] 
ErikTheViking
england.gif
Post 2012-03-01 18:25   [Quote] 
MANXZX - this is brilliant! Thank you so much, I've wanted to see what the book actually looked like for a long time!
It's very interesting as some of the individual photos are from the Burnt Weeny poster and the excellent group shot is from the same photo session as the photos from the back of Uncle Meat. Great stuff! This is probably my most wanted Zappa item, next to the Ruben & The Jets inserts and the Freak Map, which I know I will never find. Just too damn rare and when they do turn up, too expensive...
I guess we'll never know if it was intended for the UK pressing or not - it definitely was sold during their time here on tour in 1969, I reckon some were just slipped into the covers as well but who knows? One of those great mysteries...
I think the Transatlantic pressing sounds great though - you can't beat those 60s UK pressings. Very hard to find now...

davidhslade
england.gif
Post 2013-03-08 17:53   [Quote] 
Hi. i was at the Albert Hall and still have the programme!! I bought the Transatlantic album for 79 shillings and 9 pence - 4 for those who dont know!!
You can hear me clapping on some of the tracks. Some of the concert also ended up on Burnt Weeny Sandwich - more of my clapping.
We had a lower tier box and it was a great night out. Also have the VHS of the same title but its not the concert.
Dont play vinyl much now as have the collection on Cd so have started disposing on ebay!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2013-03-08 23:26   [Quote] 
davidhslade wrote:
Hi. i was at the Albert Hall and still have the programme!! I bought the Transatlantic album for 79 shillings and 9 pence - 4 for those who dont know!!
You can hear me clapping on some of the tracks. Some of the concert also ended up on Burnt Weeny Sandwich - more of my clapping.
We had a lower tier box and it was a great night out. Also have the VHS of the same title but its not the concert.
Dont play vinyl much now as have the collection on Cd so have started disposing on ebay!!

Welcome to Zappateers! Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Collectors All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: