Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Lewis Taylor : Trout Mask Reborn  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Beefheart Corner
Zappamaniac
Poster
germany.gif
Post 2010-10-03 21:08   [Quote] 
Lewis Taylor covered several songs from Trout Mask Replica in different arrangements. See this link:

http://www.beefheart.com/datharp/albums/related/lewistaylor.htm

He wanted to record the whole album, but this project was abandoned.

For a short time one song (Bill's Corpse) was also uploaded on youtube, but that was years ago and now it's gone

Has anybody heard of this?
Has it somebody? If thatīs the case, can somebody seed it? Mr. Green

Donīt let your meat loaf
Heh, heh, heh

Last edited by Zappamaniac on 2010-10-07 21:38; edited 2 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
lordevilvenom
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2010-10-06 12:17   [Quote] 
It's availble on a blogspot somewhere...It's on my list of "to hear" albums....

Beefheart torrent catalogue here: http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=90

Collector of Beefheart? Check out: http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=79
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Zappamaniac
Poster
germany.gif
Post 2010-10-06 20:54   [Quote] 
Quote:
It's availble on a blogspot somewhere...It's on my list of "to hear" albums....

I made a google search and there were many links for downloading, but they didnīt work at all, not even the blogspot one lordevilvenom mentioned, BUT FINALLY one of those hundred links worked and itīs this one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9bf7fe1b2239840391b20cc0d07ba4d2f0d4de4d8b7075a2

Thereīre mp3 sourced, so not good enough for seeding it here

Don't download the two extra tracks number 14 and 15. They are hoaxes or fakes, whatever you may call 'em

Mystery solved. Now I can sleep quietly

Donīt let your meat loaf
Heh, heh, heh
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2010-10-09 13:00   [Quote] 
Many thanks for your diligence, been wanting to hear this for awhile now, too.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Zappamaniac
Poster
germany.gif
Post 2010-10-10 00:31   [Quote] 
I just wanna recommand this "project" of Lewis Taylor to all Beefheart fans who like Trout Mask Replica, especially if you can hum along to songs like Frownland. If you are also a musician (like me), itīs even better.

Mr. Taylor is really creative. He not only covers the songs, he plays them also with untypical Beefheart-instruments [at least for Trout Mask], for example a organ (the Doors sound), synthesizers, keyboards, bells, gongs and other several percussion instruments. But thatīs not all.
He changes the style of few songs: Pachuco Cadaver sounds almost cowboy-like, Frownland has many background vocals, Ella Guru is almost a pop song (only almost with the synthesizers), Moonlight on Vermont is funky as hell and My Human gets me blues is played like a metal song. Honestly, I think the metal version of My Human gets me blues with the screaming guitars and the double bass drumming is fucking hilarious! roflol

And you gotta listen to his version of "The dust blows forward ..." Wink

In my opinion, Lewis Taylor deserves a award for figuring out all those guitar/bass parts alone. And Iīm not kidding! (How many months of his life went into transcribing of all those difficult stuff)

It is sad that the project is not finished and, above all, not available to the public (Even if it were, you wouldnīt wanna listen to it) Crying or Very sad

But I canīt stop listening to it !! Itīs somehow addicting. I probably listened to it 10 times since I have it for 3 days. Itīs gorgeous! Itīs a way of life!

Donīt let your meat loaf
Heh, heh, heh

Last edited by Zappamaniac on 2010-12-10 15:46; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
smegma0
usa.gif
Post 2010-11-06 16:52   [Quote] 
Very cool! A great alternative approach to TMR.

I agree completely with you, Zappamaniac; this is incredibly creative and must have been quite a challenge first to figure out then to interpret.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
malkie
uk.gif
Post 2010-11-08 23:03   [Quote] 
Thanks for the 'heads up' on this one. I didn't know about it and it sounds great!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
dominicleckie
austria.gif
Post 2011-08-20 09:42   [Quote] 
I also completely agree with you and some of you hate it, some that you like or even love. Lewis Taylor, once the project Beefheart Trout Mask Replica Reborn. I do not know much about him except that he has covered Beefhearts "Trout Mask Replica" in its entirity.

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Beefheart Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: