Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Delicious Watermelon For Easter -- 2CD 140 min (UniMuta)
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Liberated Boots
frank2441
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2009-11-12 23:25   [Quote] 
There will always be guys trying to make a fast buck
There's no way to stop them
Frank himself did the only wise thing possible
Liberate the boots

If I come across a boot I don't have on vinyl, cd or digital I'm tempted.
Collecting as many versions of shows possible, I WANT THE DAMN THING.
Call me a sucker.. (guess I am)

I think the liberated boots on zappateers will save me lots of money ....
and even better
Will cost the booters some money
So please smile for every saved EURO (and saved sucker)

Thanks Uni
and others posters

We do have some only on boot shows too
FOR FREE (hahahaha)
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-11-12 23:37   [Quote] 
frank2441 wrote:
I think the liberated boots on zappateers will save me lots of money ....
and even better will cost the booters some money ... We do have some only on boot shows too ...

That's all true for sure, but seriously, a version that comes directly from the Zappateers in the first place,
is something different, right? cooler

frank2441
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2009-11-12 23:42   [Quote] 
True
I shouldn't be that stupid.

In that case just the (f)artwork .....
Though we've got our own wizkids on artwork here!!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
UniMuta
Contributor
belgium.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-11-13 10:01   [Quote] 
Well, I'm amazed at how many people download this...

Especially since the sources for most of these bootlegs are the concert recordings. And you can find those (in better quality) over at the "concerts" corner. The same goes for the demos, outtakes, rehearsals, etceteras.
In this case, every Zappateer should already have the (exact same) source recording.

When I mention a bootleg over at the United Mutations blog, I always add that a better quality version of the concert or the recording can be found at Zappateers.
My two cents.

Anyway, if the decision is made that this doesn't belong on the tracker, please delete it.
If not, I'll be adding the next Guitar Masters bootleg up one of the next days.

-- UniMuta
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-11-13 10:12   [Quote] 
UniMuta wrote:

... maybe they doing things for the sake of doing things. Laughing

flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2009-11-13 11:30   [Quote] 
Quote:

Especially since the sources for most of these bootlegs are the concert recordings. And you can find those (in better quality) over at the "concerts" corner. The same goes for the demos, outtakes, rehearsals, etceteras.
In this case, every Zappateer should already have the (exact same) source recording.

When I mention a bootleg over at the United Mutations blog, I always add that a better quality version of the concert or the recording can be found at Zappateers.
My two cents.

Anyway, if the decision is made that this doesn't belong on the tracker, please delete it.
If not, I'll be adding the next Guitar Masters bootleg up one of the next days.

It would be helpful if, along with your boot uploads from this series,
you would add a reference note & link to the original FZ Shows seed of that particular show,
so people can decide if they would want to download the same thing again, just in case.

Thanks.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Yojimbo
Contributor
sweden.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-11-13 17:14   [Quote] 
Quote:

It would be helpful if, along with your boot uploads from this series,
you would add a reference note & link to the original FZ Shows seed of that particular show,
so people can decide if they would want to download the same thing again, just in case.

I'm thinking this should be practice, maybe even mandatory, for uploads in Liberated Boots. The fact that so many download them indicates that there are many people who don't realize that these shows are available in better versions. And that's a situation we should try to rectify, along with the liberation of the bootlegs.
Of course this doesn't apply to the very few boot-only items.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
fish - thing
uk.gif
Post 2009-11-13 17:26   [Quote] 
Interesting....A similar thread ran over at the Floyd site Yeeshkul recently.Zappateers was presented as a possible model for Yeeshkul to copy because there, you can find versions of shows running into double figures, causing newbies much confusement and the repeated question" How does this compare to....?"
Many of these multiple versions are exactly the same, not upgrades in SQ or completeness,or alternate tapers, and as has been pointed out, often rips of torrents downloaded from Y , pressed to silvers by some bastige, bought by a user of the site and re upped.Then someone asks "How does this compare to...?" and round and round it goes.
Despite knowing this occurs, some people want every version of everything, filling up HD's for no reason.It's hard enough to find the time to listen to the best version of each show, let alone every "commercial"release by some boot label of stuff they got from the net for free.
If you are one of these downloader/seller people it's off to the room where the giant fire puffer works for you!

Pittylabelle
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-11-13 20:03   [Quote] 
fish - thing wrote:
... Zappateers was presented as a possible model for Yeeshkul to copy ...

Even worse than Yeeshkul ist the model of Dime. If a torrent is inactive for a specific time
it will be deleted. There is no back catalog or something like that. Sometimes it gives you
a lot of trouble to sort re-seeds and new seeds out.

I think Zappateers is just yet one of the best models in this area, but with room of improvement.

But how could this improvement look like? Yojimbo's and flambay's advice appears good to me,
but then you maybe will need something like a "samples-forum for bootlegs"?

Bernhard
Poster
germany.gif
Post 2009-11-13 22:41   [Quote] 
...why do they down load it....???...
ähemm...if you, like me, don´t have it yet... and there´s no seeder for the original one...and now you get the idea of listening to it ...well... don´t ask for a seeder and use this one...

...was my reason...

Zappa Penguin
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2009-11-17 08:36   [Quote] 
To be fair, this is not exactly the same as the version on the tracker - this has been EQ'd a little (much nicer low-end, the whole spectrum sounds marginally more polished). That said, it does probably originate from the tracker source. Might be worth a download for those too lazy to tweak their own knobs, so I believe it has a place here in Liberated Bootlegs - it's not "officially released" material, and I'd wager that pulling the torrent would only increase the likelihood of someone buying a copy of this bootleg later on down the line to upload here for some ratio.

I do agree, though, that links to FZShow seeds should be mandatory for "single-show" boots, and strongly recommended for "compilation" bootlegs.

And I'm already eagerly anticipating the Drew version - the tapeflip in Easy Meat is a total bummer Crying or Very sad

wildfisherman wrote:
Would it be possible to put a tiny little digital signature somewhere in the torrent? I suppose it's a bit late now, but I would imagine there'd be a way of doing that and it could be something to consider for the future.

I'm assuming you mean a signature that's different for each user who downloads it? We already have a "global" signature - it's in the form of pitch, tape cuts, patches, the start and end of the recording, stuff like that that'll always be different from tape to tape and transfer to transfer. An additional "signature" would be completely superfluous, and I can say with utmost confidence, based on the struggles to implement ReplayGain tagging, that there is precisely no (0%) chance in hell that everybody would remember to add this when seeding.

Anyway, an "individualized" signature would basically break the BitTorrent protocol, making it impossible to transfer anything (since the files would not be identical). Even if you could somehow do this with BitTorrent, you'd only end up fucking up the .FLAC file by adding random hash gibberish - well, either that, or just some random metadata, which would be retardedly simple for someone to edit, and wouldn't show up on the CD-R bootleg anyway.

I suppose if you were going to go back to scratch and recode the torrent protocol from the ground up, and if FLAC watermarking ever gets off the ground, you could accomplish something like this, but it'd be utterly trivial to break (just like every other scheme like this), wouldn't transfer to Redbook CD-R (unless you were to alter the sound itself - NOT the wisest of ideas Smile), and would, of course, require everybody to download, install, configure, and accustom themselves to an entirely new program. Oh, and of course, even if it isn't stripped from the bootleg CD-R, this "digital signature" of yours would probably lead to more red herrings and bad blood than it would lead to banned bootleggers - what if I download a show, then burn a copy to DVD-R to give to a friend, who burns a copy for someone else, who goes off and bootlegs the thing. It'd still have the same digital signature on it - mine - even though I'd be in no way responsible for the profiteering. I mean, unless you could devise a way to force everyone to use a single program (that would create new digital signatures) for DVD burning, and of course a whole new OS that would create new digital signatures when copying to a thumbdrive or external hard drive... we could call it Windows in Easter Hay!

So I guess it's, er, well, um.... feasible, maybe, kinda, sorta, still breakable, but remotely feasible, in that whole "Uzebekistan winning the World Cup" sense of the word... and only if you're Sony BMG or iTunes or at least have the financial resources of corporate cocksuckers like that.

They're called corporate cocksuckers for a reason. They (and their idiotic "protection" schemes which end up inferior to the pirated product in many ways) is the slime on yer living room floor. Wink
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
wildfisherman
Vine Coordinator
uk.gif
Post 2009-11-17 10:38   [Quote] 
Well many thanks, Zappa Penguin, for settng that bad little idea to rights. I had no idea what might be involved but now that you've laid it out I see that it's a total non-starter.

You're right, too - all the tracker stuff does already have its Zappaters signature in the form of all the things you mentioned, so we should be able to tell if something comes from here.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2009-11-17 11:19   [Quote] 
Zappa Penguin wrote:
I'm assuming you mean a signature that's different for each user who downloads it?

I thought wildfisherman referred to a single signature for everyone who downloads the torrent, not necessarily in order to identify the bootlegger, but just to be able to assert without much effort whether the recording did come from zappateers in the first place. it's not a bad idea at all, but yeah, it would be hell to implement.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
wildfisherman
Vine Coordinator
uk.gif
Post 2009-11-17 22:48   [Quote] 
You're right, I was only suggesting a little something that would secretly identify it as a Zappateers torrent, but as Zappa Penguin pointed out, in effect that's already there.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
fzapper
italy.gif
Post 2011-07-24 21:57   [Quote] 
Listening this concert,is not a great recording,
but and always a sonorous document by FZ.
Many thanks
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 3 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Liberated Boots All times are GMT

Jump to: