Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1984 10 03 (L) Munich 92.21 AUD 2nd (Sir Larry-pbuzby)
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2  
Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-04-30 00:10   [Quote] 
I can dig it. Thanks for sharing this one guys. tunes

Kind regards,
Overnitefreak
 [Profile]  [PM] 
furietto
italy.gif
Post 2009-04-30 07:15   [Quote] 
multiplespotting multiplespotting multiplespotting Thanks again! I've been thinking about this magic night for years and now I can hear the whole stuff again! Getting in & out and then in again at the Krone was one of the best choices of my life, and I buyed the ticket for the 2nd show when there were only ten left!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
hj3009
france.gif
Post 2009-05-01 14:00   [Quote] 
Thanks a lot for the early and the late ! Merci beaucoup !
Hervé
 [Profile]  [PM] 
glaz3
puertorico.gif
Post 2009-05-03 18:36   [Quote] 
Complete show, many thanks fellas for the great work.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
skoljic
Poster
croatia.gif
Post 2009-05-21 22:18   [Quote] 
Thanks very much.
Frank quote opening riff of "Black Sabbath" (song) at the beginning of "Truck Driver Divorce" guitar solo.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
alfonzo
Busy Poster
canada.gif
Post 2011-12-11 23:38   [Quote] 
Big Thanx to Sir Larry and pbuzby for this one! Right on, man!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
tinylightz
Poster
Post 2012-02-08 15:33   [Quote] 
Thank you Sir and Pat.
Nice show.
Many interesting vocals.
Tonight's secret word is "headband"?
"Every headband is silver line-y"
"The Illinois headband juice"
Or other word?

Thanks.

tinylightz
 [Profile]  [PM] 
SuzyCreamCheesey
Busy Poster
denmark.gif
Post 2017-11-19 09:08   [Quote] 
drool
menge tak!
Smile Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-06-06 05:58   [Quote] 
tinylightz wrote:
Or other word?

There are a whole bunch of secret words in this one, of which headband is the most used.

The main theme seems to have been Allan Zavod. That's definitely who they have in mind with volcano (The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing, Dumb All Over, Truck Driver Divorce, Cosmik Debris) and Olivia Newton-John (band intros, Ride My Face To Chicago). I think he also inspired headband (City Of Tiny Lights, You Are What You Is, Mudd Club, The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing, Dumb All Over, Truck Driver Divorce, I'm The Slime, Montana, Easy Meat, Joe's Garage, Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?, Cosmik Debris, Illinois Enema Bandit). And possibly sailor cap (Cosmik Debris).

A less developed theme relates to the venue, Circus Krone: circus (Drowning Witch, In France, Joe's Garage) and elephant (Drowning Witch, Joe's Garage).

There are also occurrences of the not-infrequent Tell 'em what they win, Bob (Heavy Duty Judy, Ride My Face To Chicago, I'm The Slime) and [Back to you] Bill (The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing, I'm The Slime, Montana, Cosmik Debris, Illinois Enema Bandit).

And there are a few occurrences of an obscure Smothersism: adeloid (You Are What You Is, Dumb All Over, I'm The Slime).

(What are adeloids, anyway?)

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make out some of the altered lyrics, such as what FZ sings in YAWYI while Ray and Ike sing Amos & Andy, taste just like Candy, and Nivea lotion. Or what's substituted both for Al Malkin in Mudd Club and for ugly in Dumb All Over.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2019-06-06 06:45   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:

I think they are a bit like adenoids... but are the size of asteroids....

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Gwonam
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2019-06-06 14:23   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:
tinylightz wrote:
Or other word?

There are a whole bunch of secret words in this one, of which headband is the most used.

The main theme seems to have been Allan Zavod. That's definitely who they have in mind with volcano (The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing, Dumb All Over, Truck Driver Divorce, Cosmik Debris) and Olivia Newton-John (band intros, Ride My Face To Chicago). I think he also inspired headband (City Of Tiny Lights, You Are What You Is, Mudd Club, The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing, Dumb All Over, Truck Driver Divorce, I'm The Slime, Montana, Easy Meat, Joe's Garage, Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?, Cosmik Debris, Illinois Enema Bandit). And possibly sailor cap (Cosmik Debris).

A less developed theme relates to the venue, Circus Krone: circus (Drowning Witch, In France, Joe's Garage) and elephant (Drowning Witch, Joe's Garage).

There are also occurrences of the not-infrequent Tell 'em what they win, Bob (Heavy Duty Judy, Ride My Face To Chicago, I'm The Slime) and [Back to you] Bill (The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing, I'm The Slime, Montana, Cosmik Debris, Illinois Enema Bandit).

And there are a few occurrences of an obscure Smothersism: adeloid (You Are What You Is, Dumb All Over, I'm The Slime).

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make out some of the altered lyrics, such as what FZ sings in YAWYI while Ray and Ike sing Amos & Andy, taste just like Candy, and Nivea lotion. Or what's substituted both for Al Malkin in Mudd Club and for ugly in Dumb All Over.

It's definitely something with trousers.

drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-06-06 20:44   [Quote] 
Gwonam wrote:
It's definitely something with trousers.

You're right. It sounds like "open the trousers", which doesn't make much sense.

And I was wrong, the changed bits in Mudd Club and Dumb All Over are not the same, although they are uttered in a similar fashion.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
varanasibull
Poster
germany.gif
Post 2019-06-08 12:39   [Quote] 
Yep! Thanks.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 2 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows All times are GMT

Jump to: