Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Lumpy Money
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2008-11-30 21:27   [Quote] 
Paolo wrote:

Anyway, Peace corps or not, I'm even more interested in the pitch/speed issue: in one word, should Lonely little girl be in F sharp minor (like the versions on the tracker) or in F minor (like my old copy)?

The first notes of the melody should be C-C-Bb-A-A-G-G. This would put the section released on Lumpy Gravy, and the ending solo heard on Burnt Weeny Sandwich, in the same keys as the released versions.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Paolo
Busy Poster
italy.gif
Post 2008-12-01 18:46   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
The first notes of the melody should be C-C-Bb-A-A-G-G. This would put the section released on Lumpy Gravy, and the ending solo heard on Burnt Weeny Sandwich, in the same keys as the released versions.

That's the point!

If this is correct, then the Money demos on the tracker (both versions) are half-a-tone too high in pitch, starting with C#-C#|B-A#-A#-G#-G#, while my old copy (the one without Who needs...) had a correct C-C|Bb-A-A-G-G. On WAOIIFTM it's Eb-Eb|Db-C-C-Bb-Bs because of the speed-up (the single version - track 14 of the ZAP 014 bootleg currently on the tracker - has the same pitch).

So I think we just can't be completely sure about the correct pitch/speed of this song - and consequently of the whole acetate. Maybe the correct pitch is 1/2 tone lower than the two versions on the tracker, just like on my old CD-R, and maybe not. That's why I hope that Lumpy Money will also contain a last word about this lonely-little-pitch-dilemma! Wink
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Mondolunch
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2008-12-03 23:15   [Quote] 
Personally, I love Absolutely Free. And I am a bit dis. that they are not releasing it in some sort of anniversary thingy, which a touched up remaster (not all remasters are created EQually, but FZT does a good job I think).....

I say more AF please..

Mondo

drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2008-12-04 00:49   [Quote] 
Mondolunch wrote:

Personally, I love Absolutely Free. And I am a bit dis. that they are not releasing it in some sort of anniversary thingy, which a touched up remaster (not all remasters are created EQually, but FZT does a good job I think).....

I say more AF please..

I love Absolutely Free too. It was the first FZ album I ever bought. But the ZFT already licensed it to Ryko. If they have no outtakes to add and no alternate FZ mix to substitute, how can they justify competing with the existing release that they authorized (and got paid for)?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Mondolunch
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2008-12-04 01:44   [Quote] 
how about a really nice EQ'd remaster and lots of original artwork...

i can think that I would like to get it.. just for that... and I know they have stuff laying around from the era that they could throw in the mix for grins and dollars.

Hell, I am a FZ whore.

I buy it all.

Pick me I am clean.

Mondo

King Kong
usa.gif
Post 2010-04-09 05:53   [Quote] 
chuckspinach wrote:
Quote:
vintage live album from the Roxy in Los Angeles

"album"

? ? ? ? ?

Album ! ! ! !

To be released on CD - not LP.

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 7 of 7 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: