|www.zappateers.com - Registration Agreement Terms
You’re a click and a few brief fill-in-the-blanks from becoming a bona-fide member of the premiere source for unofficial Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart recordings!
However, before you mash that little link on the bottom, please try to read, comprehend, and agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- You agree to keep these forums fun.
This does not mean there is no room for dissent or negative opinions - we are Zappa fans, after all.
However, if you’re here solely to cause a stink by spamming your website, stocks, or pills, we do not want your company.
If you’re here to promote some sort of racial supremacy or hate speech, try another avenue.
For the love of Phydeaux, use some common sense!
- You agree not to share or even request any official releases.
This includes official albums from Ryko (Hot Rats), official albums from Zappa Family mail order (FZ: OZ), official videos (Baby Snakes), and albums or videos that were officially released but are now out of print (Mothermania, 200 Motels).
We are fortunate that the Zappa Family Trust seems supportive of this small-scale, grass-roots sharing of Zappa’s unofficial legacy, and do not wish to screw things up.
- You agree to do your best to keep a healthy ratio.
A healthy ratio is not an absolute value, and can be affected by many factors. Many torrent sites promote the false ideal that everybody can have a 1.0 ratio. Zappateers acknowledge that this is a mathematical impossibility, and several factors (first and foremost, backwards ISPs) may impair your ability to keep a ratio. However, if your ratio is barely scraping 0.04 and you start nagging participating members of the community for reseeds, don’t be surprised if you get yelled at. Our community may be generous to the less-well-off, but that doesn’t mean we’re total doormats. Some tips to keep a generally positive ratio:
- Make sure your ports aren’t firewalled! Are you unsure as to what this means? Fear not, this here magical bittorrent guide will explain it.
- In order to upload, there has to be somebody else downloading. So it pays to download a few recent seeds with lots of active leechers. Even if you came solely for 1960s soundboards and the newest seeds are all audience recordings from the 1980s, download those audience recordings and seed them for a while. You can delete them from your hard drive afterwards, and once you grab all the old 1960s soundboard seeds, you won’t be left with a microscopic ratio. Plan in advance!
- Some ISPs do rather heinious things to users suspected of BitTorrenting. Sure, you pay them monthly for bandwidth, but heaven forbid you use it! If you’re on one of these ISPs, the best course of action is to vote with your dollars and Euros, and take your business elsewhere. Of course, this isn’t always feasible - and if it isn’t feasible for you, you’ll have to figure out how to accomodate this impairment.
- You agree that the administrators have the final say in any and all matters involving this website.
In other words, your post can be deleted, your topic can be moved or closed, and you can be banned for virtually whatever reason. You most likely won’t be banned, as Zappateer administrators take great pains to be not only understanding, but compromising - but in the off-chance that you are, it’s your fault.
Basically: Say what you wanna, post what you will, but don’t mess up your neighbor’s thrill. And when you leech a show, kindly seed for a bit, and help the next Zappa-leecher on his download trip.
- Finally, some legalistic small-print:
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group, TorrentPier © Meithar